COFFEE...The house was so quiet. Everyone asleep I curled up with my bible, a perfect cup of coffee and a throw.
It was going to be a good day.
The girls were meeting at my house to run at 8:30.
Danielle was waiting for us at Clover Park for a 9 mile run. This week was a step down week. Between getting sick and stepping down my miles are way down!
Last week I had close 50 miles, this week I will be lucky to get 40.
Jama, Danielle, Lacey and I looked like quite the posse. All four of us are training for Bayshore Marathon in May.
Danielle had our course mapped out to perfection. We had a trail, some dirt roads and a lot of hills.
We were just getting in our groove when we all saw her. One wicked wench of a half mile incline. Danielle had a very pleasant grin plastered on her face, the rest of us started whining at the first sight. It seriously looked like a highway to heaven it was so long. I personally didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We sounded like a bunch of nagging woman all complaining about this beast. By the time we reached the top we were all in a slight goofy laugh, you know the ones that sound half crazed.
"We get to go down that though on our way back!" Danielle so positive. Too bad it was only 1 of 2!
5 Tips for Running Hills:
- Hill Sprints- Steepest hill you can find 10-15 seconds attacking her. Take a 2-3 minute to recover completely! Just do a few of these your first time.
- Long hills- These hills are great to do a few times taking a few minutes to get up. They are hard however going down multiple times on your legs. You will take a pounding.
- ITBand- If you are struggling with this hill are NOT your best company. Hills will aggravate and worsen your condition. Especially the downhill.
- Keep your posture upright, chest up. Picture yourself holding a rope that's secured at the top of the hill.
- Keep your eyes focused on the top of the hill, eyes up and focus on the finish.
I dropped below the 3 figure mark. I can not figure out what is going on with me. Eating is not a main priority of mine but I like food. I just hate taking the time to sit and eat.
Cachexic- this is the word my dear husband calls me. I will spare you with the picture he attached to it, is grotesque and not scorning him any points. I of course gave him a choice word and sent him a picture in return. It was not a very Godly wifey thing therefore I will put a period here. But it was funny!
I ATE good today. I even ate bad, but I ATE. I ate so much for dinner I have a food baby.
I enjoyed Girl Scout cookies, Tagalongs, I felt a little healthier knowing they had peanut butter in them. I even ate 3 cheese garlic bread with our goulash.
Really hoping I can put some weight on before my race Sunday.
Running EASTER Basket Giveaway.
- Estimate my Race time for this Sundays Rock CF Half Marathon.
- Must be subscribed to Running Against the Odds
- Post answer on Blog.
- You can post a DIFFERENT time on each POST on blog! This gives you an advantage if you are a reader!
"I was thinking starting off at a 8 -8:15 and go from there, but if you are trying to do a sub 8 you can go ahead of me..."