"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Airhead Runner

The Letter "O"
OVERTIME: This is what I do because I can not count or calculate my miles properly! I run OVERTIME!


I don't think people really understand how hard it is to be ME. I  give people ammunition to make fun of me. I honestly do it with out trying.
I often respond with laughter, however, I am taking a roundhouse to the face on the inside.

Today was no different then any other absent minded day.
I got on the treadmill with a goal of 6 miles.
I forgot to set the timer.
Treadmill SHUT off on me at 2.39. I was punching the buttons in desperation try to prevent it from stopping. Too late. This was an issue for multiple reasons.
  1. It cut off at a quirky number. ".39". How was I going to be able to add with that number?
  2. I was just getting in my groove. I had my stop watch on and I was doing intervals with the track setting. This is way more thinking then I like.
Well, like I said too much brain activity mixed with sweat and fatigue. I was ready to quit. Everything was hurting. Then I stared really hard at all the numbers.
I added, then re added. "WHAT? Anita You AIRHEAD, no wonder why your tired, you ran 7 miles not 6!"
The story of my life.

Maybe I need more vitamins, more memory enhancing vitamins. I get so mad at myself. being an AIRHEAD isn't some place I visit once in a while, I LIVE THERE.

"I am free to be me" came on the Christian radio station. I listened to the words and thought of ME.
I get so down on my self. I try so hard to change who I am. The harder I try, the greater I fail. I feel like God made me without all my pieces.
There is not a moment that goes by I don't question myself, kick myself or beat myself up.

Everyone else seem to have it all together, Here, I try desperately and fail miserably. I laugh it off, because that is the best I can do.

I am who I am. Every day is a work out and not physical! I can't take myself too serious, So in light of another AIRHEAD MOVE, now I have 2 extra miles for the week because my brains and legs don't mix!

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7 miles
Jumped rope, and lifted weights with legs. Jeff was at the gym. He always laughs at my goofy stories. I think he is a male version of me, if ever a old man could be a airhead!


Someone PLEASE tell me I am NOT the only one that cant add and run!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment