"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Keep it Simple Thursday

First of all I forgot "my letter" yesterday.  The Letter was "W"

 WALK with Sheba
 
Wilderness Zoo


Next up, a couple quick points on RECOVERY. Not addiction, not after a run, rather, RECOVERY after REPEATS.

Here is a couple things I have learned:
  1. Don't STOP after a fast repeat into a recovery repeat. It hurts, you should be huffing air and struggling. However, try to go into a shuffle jog. It is bad for the heart and your ability to get back into your next fast repeat.
  2. I do my repeats WRONG. I go too fast on the recovery. By doing this it does not give me proper recovery to have the speed and endurance I need for my fast repeat.
  3. Rule of thumb for proper recovery on repeats: Jog the same distance as your speed session.  If your doing the workout based on time, then do recovery jogs that last 50 percent as long as your fast runs; 80 seconds speed followed by 2 minutes of shuffle jog.
  4. Doing these at a track where it is flat and marked it most ideal.

The Rundown:
Distance: 12 miles
We lost count of our miles. Lacey went to the track at GAC with me. We chatted a little too much.
We sure had fun though.


What Repeats are your favorite, least favorite?
How do you like them??
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment