It was still a better wake up call then Sunday mornings, when my side of the bed collapsed leaving me almost on my head.
I slowly moved to the kitchen to start breakfast and lunches. Sipping on my coffee during my duties I was able to focus and start laying my day out.
Get to the gym: Just get to the gym and RUN.
Anything extra on this Monday was going to be a Bonus*
GAC: Genesys Athletic Club.
It was busy in the parking lot, however; the treadmills were lonely. I wanted to do some speed work. I like to run speed work on the TM because it enables me from having to think! I can punch in my numbers and RUN. The harder I run- The more confused I get!
So keeping track of my pace, my distance/laps and my repeats is almost more than I can handle when I am just begging my body to just follow through.
REPEATS: 1 mile REPEATS
1mile: warm up .25 then 7:24
|Can you guess which toe?? They are all a bit ugly lol!|
This was tough. My knee started to hurt the last mile and so did my toe and my CALVES! Basically everything began to scream. I then started to get nervous that I would just loose my balance and fly off the TM. I thought "What if my body is hurting so much it begins to shut down leaving me a wobbly mess?"
"What if I really should be going faster than this and the strength I think I have I really don't?"
"What if I am wimping out?"
"SHUT UP AND RUN ANITA!"
We have to quit telling ourselves we are not capable of and take the reins on what we are!
Training is not designed to be easy. I know this. NOTHING ever worth while came without a little sweat and heartache.
I cried out several times for Strength. And like usual He came through.
See I am NOT a Quitter.
I am a failure in many ways but most of my greatest achievements have been birthed from the sheer determination to TRY AGAIN.
There are some challenges that are just not mine to conquer. That does NOT make me a quitter: it makes me an Overcomer.
Overcoming our mind that wants to control us, sometimes hurt us, and most of the time confuse us is the true obstacle.
Todays run as hard as it was; was easy in comparison to the battle that was raging in my mind.
Listen to the voices that rage in your mind.
Remember PAIN releases many many voices.
Overcome the voices. Drown them out with positive and reinforcing Mantra. Pray, seek God for Strength and Clarity.
My 7 MILES OF MANTRA:
- "Never Never quit"
- The Pain of Quitting is worse than the Pain of Persevering.
- "Go Nita GO!"
- "All the way IN"
- "SHUT UP AND RUN"
- "Quitting doesn't get you to the finish line"
- "Run through it"
Yesterday I ran 15 MILES on the TM. I was pretty proud of myself for maintaining a 8:34 pace with a broken toe. Ok. Honestly I was just pretty proud of myself for running that far the Dreadmill all together!
I make a lot of smoothies in my house. It is the easiest way for me to recover.
Lindsey at my work introduced me to "Coconut Yogurt".
One of my Favorite smoothies right now:
"Coconut Mango Smoothie"
- 1 coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice (I prefer low sugar)
- 1 TBLES Juice Plus Complete (protein powder)
- 1/2 cup frozen tropical fruit mix
- Blend it well.
- Sad to see another killed by Addiction : Philip Seymour Hoffman dies at 46 with needle in his arm. This seriously weighs so heavy on me. He left behind 3 Adult kids.
- Bummed out over last nights Super bowl Game. More like Super Bowel of CRAP! Sorry Peyton, I was rooting for you! The best team wins.
- All moved into out rental house. Praying the Lord brings us a house to buy. I did get a new Dyson Vacuum. This helps balance out the Craigs List washer and dryer Andy bought for the rental. He thought he got a good deal..Too bad the Washer doesn't change cycles and the Dryer needs a heating element! Looks like the owner really got a better deal. SUCKERS!
Doing a Post of MANTRA and a CONTEST!!! Please Share your Favorite Mantra!!
Details to COME!