- You don't need shoes to run any more than you need a hat to think!
- 50mph top speed of a lion. 30mph top speed of a kangaroo. 27.9 top speed of a human.
- Dark Chocolate may help lower blood pressure and aids in reducing stress hormone levels.
- NOTHING makes you miss running more than getting injured.
- Active woman may be 30 to 40 percent less likely to develop breast cancer.
- In a marathon the average runner takes 35,000 steps.
- The average man burns 124 calories each mile run, the average woman burns 105 calories.
- .05 is the percentage of people who have ran a marathon in the U.S..
- The record number of miles run on a treadmill in 24 hours is 153.9, Edit Berces.
- Embrace the incline it is not the down hills that make you stronger.
- 40 miles is the average miles ran to train for a marathon.
- over 1 billion pairs of running shoes are sold world wide every year.
- 1900 was the first year that women were allowed to compete in the Olympic Games.
- 1984 First year women could run the Olympic Marathon.
- Never trust a runner with clean shoes!
- Aerobic exercise increases total sleep time on average by ten minutes per night( but it has almost no effect on how quickly people fall asleep or how soundly they sleep).
- If you want to clear your head run solo, if you want to be stronger run in a pack.
- 1576 is the number of steps up the Empire state building. 86 is the number of floors climbed in the annual Empire State Building run. Race record was 9 minutes and 53 seconds!
- In a marathon everyone hits "the wall." You can't run around it only through it.
- 26.2 percentage of U.S. population that gets the recommended amount of exercise. 27 percentage of Americans who are totally inactive!
- Dedication: Paying to run a race even when NO shirt is involved.
- One McDonalds big Mac=540 calories=4.35 miles for men 5.14miles woman.
- If a runner falls in a forest and no one is around...She picks herself up and never mentions it!
- There are upwards of seventy-five million runners in the USA
- Fauja Singh, World's Oldest Runner At 101.
- Budhia Singh born 2002 is an Indian boy and the world's youngest marathon runner. By age 4 he had competed in 48 marathons.
Just a little fun on the RUN~
Which mile did you like best?