"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I take Chocolate from Strangers!


I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! It is true. It really is a taste that has heightened over the years.
I have enough to last for a bit!!

  • I hide my chocolate.
  • I stash chocolate at work...but people find it!
  • I crave chocolate and always keep a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips close at hand.
  • I Like My Chocolate DARK! 60% Cacao at least.
  • Farthest I have traveled to indulge in chocolate was NYC. "MAX BRENNERS" in NY makes  my mouth water just typing it.  (Just so happened I ran a marathon that week too)!
  • I Love sweet and salty, may favorites are Chocolate Covered Bacon and Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.
  • Godiva makes my tongue smack my brains but I love Ghirardelli. Dark Chocolate Peppermint and Sea Salt Noire.
  • I  eat chocolate pretty close to 5 days a week. I am very disciplined at only eating a couple pieces especially when I want MORE MORE MORE!
  • I DO NOT buy candy bars at the checkout. On occasion I will buy a York Peppermint Patty.
Today, I had mom and her mother over for lunch. I also did kitchen hair for mom! After she left she dropped back over and brought me a SEA SALT NOIRE bar. I was jumping for joy!
She was so sweet for doing that.  

When did this obsession start?
Is it Hormonal?
I have evenings I feel like a dog. I start thinking about chocolate and my mouth instantly starts to water and drool.


The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 10:14
Time:1:20
Pace:  7:53
~Progressive run. Started out first 2 miles 8:06. Then finished last mile @ 7:08

CHOCOLATE QUOTES:
  1. And above all... Think Chocolate!
    'Betty Crocker'
  2. All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
    Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz
  3. Any sane person loves chocolate. – Bob Greene

CONTEST click here for a Sport Kilt!


WHAT DO YOU CRAVE?? When U are running what do you like to treat yourself with??

ANITA




 

8 comments:

  1. Too funny. I don't stress about dark chocolate bc when it's good quality, I can limit myself to 1 small piece a day. Besides, it's good for my heart :) On my long runs, I'm usually fantasizing about coffee and Jets pizza lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle..I do dream about my coffee too!! Hmm. that's a whole nother post!!

      Delete
  2. I'm a York fan myself. I love to stock up on them for a treat.
    I also hide chocolate at work. Something has to make a work day better - right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about that peppermint and chocolate. I really like them cold too!

      Delete
  3. I love Silk Almon Dar Chocolate Milk! But just about anything dark chocolate is good in my opinion lol! I keep it in my drawer at work too! Now if i could just get out and run to deserve it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do a lot more than RUN! Danielle you get up early EVERY day and do SOMETHING! Running is a extra for you. You deserve all that chocolate!

      Delete
  4. Gourmet Spices
    Fish Rub

    Pan Baked Salmon :

    In this mouth watering pan baked recipe we feature Tabil and Chipolte Sea Salt made with real smoke-dried jalapeno peppers. The sea salt adds warmth and is delicious as its namesake, this salt has a rich, toasted pepper flavor that brings out the natural flavors in recipe.
    This is an easy way to cook fish fast, we prefer to use salmon, feel free to use halibut, sole, trout or mahi mahi.
    Double or triple the recipe for serving large groups without a huge deal of effort.




    Pan Baked Salmon
    Ingredients
    2 Filets (8 ounce each) of salmon, cut into chunks
    1 Onion, cut into large slices
    1 Orange, peeled and separated
    1 Cup Sliced black olives
    1 Ounce fresh dill
    2 Teaspoons USimplySesaon Tabil Spice Blend
    USimplySeason Chipotle Sea Salt to taste
    Fresh ground pepper to taste
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil pan or cookie sheet, remove the skin from the fish and rub olive oil into both sides. Add onion, orange, olives, dill. Sesaon with USimplySesaon Tabil Spice Blend and USimplySeason Chipotle Sea Salt. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky. Serve immediately, smile and enjoy.
    Serves about 4

    Contact Us:>
    website: www.usimplyseason.com
    Call: 888-243-7770
    Address:
    Amboseli Foods
    569 South 600 West #102
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meat Rub
    salt blends

    Harissa Sandwich Spread :
    Harissa is a bold and spicy blend used in much of North African cuisine. This combination of chili, Hungarian paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic, and other spices, is a wonderful alternative to mustard in deli sandwiches. This spice blend is all natural, vegan and contains no MSG.
    To make Harissa Sandwich Spread simply combine 1 tablespoonUSimplySeason Harissa Spice Blend with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, stir until ingredients become a consistent paste. Spread on your favorite bread.
    Here we used Harissa spread on a torta with chicken breast, zucchini, and grape tomato slices. Serve with pickles. Smile and enjoy.
    How do you use this spice blend? Write us at marketing@usimplysesaon.com to be featured in our blog.

    Contact Us:>
    website: www.usimplyseason.com
    Call: 888-243-7770
    Address:
    Amboseli Foods
    569 South 600 West #102
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

    ReplyDelete