I slept really bad. Which made it hard to get up. From that point I struggled all day.
I didn't get to run until after 10am. I had a meeting at the school at 8. I coach a bunch of runners who have joined our schools running club. I use the term "Coach" loosely. It is more like encourage, motivate and encourage. With a few tips, accountability and support.
The problem was I had nothing in the tank to run this morning. I really wanted to run 10 miles. My number lowered as soon as my feet stumbled on the dreadmill. 8 miles seemed more realistic. As I struggled to get to mile 2 I had no idea how I was going to pick up my legs 8 more miles.
My legs were heavy and useless.
It seriously took everything I had to get me to 8 miles. I watched CNN on the TV.
Here is what was trending:
- Alec Baldwin is leaving the public eye...And wanting to go into politics. He sounds confused. Like most of Hollywood.
- NFL wants to ban the "N" word. I thought it was funny that they think they can monitor language but do nothing about obscene drunkenness, drugs or domestic abuse. Seems like they should get a handle on that first.
- Mysterious illness affects California children with similarities to Polio.
I hoped that the cold plunge and a hot shower would do miracles.
Not so much.
On a Good Note. Afterall we should always end on a good note.
- Washed and Dried my Ipod: not good. The headphones still worked: good. Bad news IPod was a bit waterlog and washed up. For the first time we bought the Warrenty that covers everything: GOOD NEWS...I got a NEW IPOD!!
- Austin won his Basketball game against Fenton by 1 point!!!