"Some days you will NOT be able to do this, TODAY is NOT that DAY!"
"Get me to the gym, just get me to the gym safely dear God." I prayed as I dropped the boys off in the beginning of another Michigan snow storm. I had to laugh after each time my car slipped out from the road because what I really wanted to do was CRY. I am just tapped out with this winter mayhem. Our winter started on Thanksgiving and has not taken a breather since.
You know that feeling you get when you see a police car and your doing 10 over? I felt that same feeling coming down Fish Lake Road and loosing control of my car. A truck had gotten stuck in between the road and the shoulder. He was at the bottom of the hill as I came sliding on both sides of the road. I tried to relax and allow my Saturn Outlook to find its way back in our lane. My stomach turned shooting itself into my esophagus and I think I peed my pants all over the leather seats. My ears began to ring all the while I looked like a porcupine the hair on my body stuck straight out.
"O God, Keep me Safe, Keep me safe, Keep me Safe!" I repeated as I slowly maneuvered back into my lane.
"GET ME TO THE GYM."
I thought this was a good idea until I saw several people in the ditch.
I decided to pray harder and continue heading to the gym.
"Set aside a time solely for running. Running is more fun if you do not have to rush through it."
- It was a priority to get my training in. I had already scheduled my time to train for the day. I was in no hurry. I would save my speed for the TM!
"Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are training and some of us are not."
- I am training. Boston is 11 weeks away. I feel so far behind the gun not being able to run outside. I have never trained this much inside. I am trying to be optimistic. I hate being a whiner. I just hope I am being efficient on my work outs inside they gym.
"I have learned it is what you do with your miles, rather how many miles you have run."
Today I ran again on the TM. I decided to kick it up a notch. I thought I should do something different. I ran 7 miles of intervals.
- 1 mile w/u 1% incline
- 800m 5K pace (400m pick up speed)
- 800m slower pace. Every 200m increase incline until you are at a 6% incline. Maintain pace.
- 400m no incline back to w//u pace.
- 400M 1% incline maintain pace.
- REPEAT! Starting at Number 2.
I felt good when I finished. I was sweaty and exhausted. I am not sure if that is good but maybe it just felt good to be DONE!
I made this up as I thought about Boston. I decided I needed to run some hills to practice for my 20 miler mark, Heartbreak Hill. The sheer thought of this catapults me into anxiety. It also reminds me to pull up my big girl pants and raise the incline like a beast.
It is quite simple. SPORT KILTS is GIVING one of my READERS A SPORT KILT!!
This is a 60$$ Value
- CONTEST goes through February 25th.
- MUST be a FOLLOWER
- It is on a point system. 1 PT for every comment you post. 5pts for any Google Shares. ( I will see these on my posts)
I LOVE my Sport Kilt. I thought it would be fun to do the contest and have the Kilt for St. Patty's Races!