- 8am Jama and I met some winter warriors for their first Husky Roadrunners kick off. It was great! I was very impressed with the dedication of the runners. (Considering it was -2 degrees and our kids were off school.) We have a lot of new runners. And we also have a lot of runners who have not done much running outside. Keeping these factors at the top we started our 5K training with Intervals. 1:1. Walk 1 minute, run 1 minute. We did this for roughly 30 minutes which equated to a little more than 2 miles.
- Genesys Athletic Club. I came home, changed and headed to the gym to get some of my training miles in. Sometimes when you run a lone you think you are isolated. Like you are the only one out there training. NOT TRUE! Over the last couple days I have heard many runners training. Regardless of what the Michigan forecast is looking like, there are a lot of people training HARD. It was a great reminded to kick myself back into the hurt locker. "There is always someone training harder than you."
- 1Mile W/U in Track. 3x1600m repeats with 400 easy jog recovery. 3x400m repeats with easy jog in between.
- Total miles 7 miles
- Fastest mile: 6:52
- Mistakes made: I should've Run Faster on mile repeats. Just a Lil bit. I always get scared I wont be able to hang so I hold back.
- Funny: Watching this guy totally having his own dance off on the elliptical! This guy was nuts! I think he was a little crazier than me. I have done a little dancing and singing on the TM but only for a song. He did it over 30 minutes!
For Valentines Day I got spoiled. I actually took the fun for Andy out of my gift by posting what I would like. But I got everything! SPOILED.