"I am Strong" I told myself at mile 7 on the Treadmill.
- "I can do this" I told myself as I increased my pace.
- "I will not give up" I recited over and over again.
- "No, not 9 miles, 10 miles Anita, 10 miles" I needed to stay committed.
- "You Got this" I laughed at how good I felt.
But somewhere in there our thoughts are interrupted.
We change our goals, we alter our focus, we manipulate our words and we argue within ourselves.
As soon as we get a little uncomfortable we start to negotiate the original plan.
Maybe it hurts to much.
Maybe it is a little inconvenient.
Maybe we just don't "Feel' like it.
As easy as we coach ourselves into doing something extraordinary we find ourselves coaching ourselves right back out of it!
This is LIFE!
Running is extraordinary in my opinion.
I can not get everyone out there running but there are many many other things that you can do that are extraordinary.
Life is full of these coaching moments. We have good intentions. We have great ideas. We have vision to do something great.
So where do we go wrong?
- "I will do it tomorrow."
- "No one really cares"
- "It is too cold outside, I am going to stay in."
- "I just don't have the time."
- "They wouldn't do it for me."
- "They don't deserve it"
- "I don't know how to do it."
Do something GREAT. Doing something great does not always feel so good. The victory comes at the end. And sometimes you never even see the fruit of doing something great. But in your heart of hearts you know...
It is a little flame in your heart that burns. It is the smirk or the twinkle in your eye that gives you affirmation that you did something extraordinary.
It is peace in the middle of chaos.
It is contentment when you feel tugged in different directions.
I AM STRONG.
- Strength is powerful. It is birthed in the mind first.
- Strength is doing the right thing.
- Strength is fighting the inner demons.
- Strength is being humble enough to seek others..
- Strength is Trusting God and seeking Him.
- Strength is not always winning but being strong enough to let someone else.
"Find Your Strong" Saucony
I have tried some new things:
- Follow me on my FACEBOOK Page "Running Against the Odds"
- I joined TWITTER! I have NO idea what I am doing but I am doing it! Follow me on Twitter on Anita @runanitarun
Distance: 10 miles