One time I was running with my girlfriend "Jenny". We were doing a long run and I was about 500 ft ahead of her. I wasn't listening to music but I never heard her screaming. When I finished I looked back to cheer her on as she came around the corner. I was horrified when I saw her. Her pants were all tore up with blood dried dripping down her knees. Her hands were scraped up and mascara was stained on her cheeks. "ANITA! I was screaming for you but you never heard me, I am ok but I was mortified!"
I swear I can trip on air. I can not make a fall pretty. The more I try the more ridiculous I look. I have learned to just get my hands out in front of me and kiss the surface. And kiss my pride away!
JESUS MAKE IT WARM!! I LOVE that little boy! I hear ya~!
As we begin to de-thaw and pull out our running clothes let us remember a couple things:
Stay Safe On Roads!
- Don't assume that cars see you. Especially if they are on their cell phone driving!
- Run towards traffic and smile (last part I added to prevent them from running me off road!)
- It is still fickly weather here in Michigan..be prepared. I ran at 8am and had good weather but black ice, at 11am we had a white OUT. Then my son ran at 2pm and had freezing rain and sleet. Now at 7pm we have thunder and lightning.
- Headlamp or head light
- Reflective vest or blinking red light
- Brightly colored jacket or top
- Reflective details (wristbands, velco reflective pieces)
- If all else fail the white tee shirt!
"Jama joined me today. A lot of slippery spots but I managed to stay on 2 feet!"
WHO RAN TODAY?? In a couple sentences how would you describe YOUR RUN?? Were you in the rain, sleet, snow....Or sun, sand, ect...
THE CONTEST IS ALMOST OVER!! SPORT KILT..You could still win one!! Click HERE