"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

When Pigs Fly

In a perfect world we could all get along. We would all like one another, laugh and dance and all that other fairytale stuff that happens in places where pigs fly.
We would never be disappointed, jaded, back stabbed, lied to or deceived.
But we are not in a perfect world and there is no pixie dust to make relationships and circumstances perfect.

Today was one of those days that I could feel the tension making my hair stand on end. I was in a situation that I knew was going to go sideways and it did.

I work very hard at trying to be HONEST.
I beleive that you do what is RIGHT because it is RIGHT.
I believe you are as SICK as your SECRETS. And INTEGRITY is based on being Honest : hiding details can present itself as Deceiving.
If you can not tell the WHOLE truth than you are often presenting half a lie.

AM I PERFECT...NO...But again..if you have nothing to hide then you should have no problem being HONEST.
If you try to do the right thing and make decisions birthed from integrity, putting others before yourself then you never have to be anything but HONEST.

I am so thankful for my meeting tonight. I lead a support class for addiction at my church. Although I am mostly a sounding board to those that attend I can feel God calming my anxious heart.
I can hear him reminding me that my Identity lies In HIM not others.

"Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world." 1 John 4:4

I do not want anything this world has. I am not here to fit in. I am not here to be in the cool club. I am not here to make a name for myself or have titles or labels attached to my name. I do not need the spotlight or be the leader of anything.
People who do not know my relationship with Christ will never understand me. People who do not know Christ will not  understand me or HIM.

Many of us will live life jaded, disappointed, discouraged lied to and persecuted... But we are just passing through.We will be gossiped about, laughed at and made fun of. 

"Do not be Overcome by Evil but Overcome Evil with Good." Romans 12:21

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

This is Life. The Life we live. There are a few rough patches but that should not ruin the fabric of life that God has given us. 
Most of the battles we have with people are often not between US and THEM..The battle is usually between THEM and THEM. 

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment