"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 11, 2013

A lot of Running around and not alot of Run.

I knew in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep it was gonna be one of THOSE Mondays.
AND IT WAS.
My brain was on overload. My car pool partner had to cancel and I had to get some fire in my pants to get the kids to school on time.
8am HA5K committee meeting.
9:45 Gym..try to get a few miles in to loosen up from yesterdays long run.
Cold plunge equally as important.
11:30 Rush to the Grocery store. The fridge and cupboards look barren. We were down to celery, Quinoa, expired buttermilk and a few other things that would make you go hungry.
I had been looking forward to my 12:15 massage all week.
I hurried so fast to get to my massage I forgot 2 bags in my cart! I quickly hurried back into the store hoping that someone returned my Sushi and organic canned tomatoes.
YUP! I considered using the restroom at "Kroger" but I was cutting it to close to my appointment.
About to pee my pants I ran to my car with my bags and drove 3 stores down to "LaVida" for my massage.
12:15...Even though my watch said I was on time..The receptionist said I had missed my appointment.
I felt my heart sink. I had jumped through hoops to get to my massage and I KNEW it was at 12:15. I know I am a bit of an AIRHEAD. But I totally remembered this. Upon conversation and the verge of adult tears they figured out I was not the first one who's appointment was messed up. It was their fault but it did not fix the fact I was going back home sore, disappointed and I still having to pee!

I had a couple errands that I was able to do so I did those and had to be back to the school for another MEETING at 2.

I still had to make dinner, running club and dinner with my girlfriends all in 3 hours.
Dinner-CHECK
Running club- Rained out..only the sun decided to come out when I CONFIRMED I was not going to make it! This was just my luck!
And dinner with "Lisa" and "Jenny" I remembered ALL day till I was making Andy salad and my phone goes off "WHERE ARE YOU?"
"AHH" I yelled out loud. How did I forget going out my girlfriends? I remembered 2 hours ago.
MONDAY!!!!
My head was spinning and there was nothing inside it to spin.

It was one of THOSE days. I was exhausted mentally and physically.
Do\o you ever feel like you are just on overload?  Like one more thing might send you into the crazy house. For a minute when that MTA passed me in FLINT I thought that might me the straw that broke the camels back.
All I could think of was Ariel. I could feel my chest getting heavy. My breathing was conscious to me. "Stay strong Nita,"  "Push back the tears." I felt my eyes well up with thoughts of what Ariel must have seen. All these visions flooded my mind. "Stay Strong NITA." "Stay Strong, Stay Strong, push back the tears."

RUNDOWN:
5 Easy miles.

Tomorrow is a New Day!
DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CONTEST!! YOU HAVE 5 DAYS LEFT!
Contest 

How was your Monday?
Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment