Let the Taper BEGIN!!!
I knew I was going to take this run pretty lite. The goal was to just get it finished before the kids got out of school. Today was the only day I had to get my last 20 miler in. It was going to be a tight squeeze because it was a 1/2 day of school for the boys. I literally dropped them off at school, parked my car in the parking lot ran over 3 hours and just made it back in time to pick them up!
I always start my run out with the familiar anxiety but today I had a lot to look forward to.
- It was my last 20 miler
- It was warmer out with sunshine
- I knew I had to finish to get the boys
- "Hiedi" was going to run a leg with me!
"Heidi" surprised me with 8 miles! I wasn't thinking we were going that far so I was tickled pink!
"THINGS TO CHEW ON:"Honey Stinger sent me a awesome package with several different products of theirs. I have shared a lot of that gift with the running club that I help coach. I have given out their protein bars, their gels and their waffles. Honey Stinger was very generous in sharing with me to share with my running group but also to write a review on their new chews.
MY REVIEW to Chew on!: I tried the Pomegranate Passion.
- The Flavor: Sweet and similar to a fruit snack. There was no aftertaste in my mouth that felt foreign. They tasted like fruit.
- The Texture: Soft and Chewy. They were not hard to chew and did not get stuck in my teeth like most do. The texture was easy to digest and dissolve.
- Quanity: There were more than enough to finish my 20 mile run today~I had 4 left over
- Digestion: Ok...So I never got a belly ache or indijestion problems..I did on a personal note have the toots! But as us runners know that is just another part of running..Keeps it REAL!
- Overall: ***** Five stars..I will be using these and Highly Recomending them.
- Check them Out: Honey Stinger Organic Chews
- Cost: $1.09-$2.25
Here is something else I was chewing on. As "Heidi" and I were running down a dirt road I somehow managed to drop and spill my chews. Because they were so good we picked them up out of the mud and put them back in my pocket! Together we laughed as we cleaned them off the best we could but the dirt was still on them leaving a little more texture to my chomp!
Chewing on Controversy: I am so busy with life right now I feel like my head is spinning. I HATE drama and try not to get in the sand box. Last night I went to bed with my eyes swollen almost shut from crying so hard. Andy and I watched some videos of Ariel. After the 3rd video I had crumbled. I couldn't breath, I felt like the world had caved in on me and I was lifeless. I miss her so bad. But I was left angry. I know "Anger" is part of the grieving process but I was angry at everyone that had gotten caught up in drama the last few days. There was drama all around me. Nothing mattered to me at that time but the heart ache of losing Ariel. How could all these people out there get stuck on stupid?? People are wasting so much time being mad at one another. We can all be offended...But WHY?? We all have the right to our opinion and we all have different opinions. After losing Ariel I just do not get why people care more about their ideas, opinions and beliefs than Each Other. I do not understand why people want to be MAD at each other.
I say: BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!
"I aint got time for dat!"