"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 18, 2013

Post Race Recovery

I think I should change my blog title to "The Adventures of an Airhead". It is a daily event to lose my keys, my purse, my coffee cup or my phone. I can get lost in my backyard, I show up late or I show up early.
It would make me feel normal if I was just walking into the pantry forgetting what I went in there for but that isn't even abnormal it happens so often.

With this being said it wasn't even a shock to me when I showed up an hour and a half early for my massage!
I just rolled with the punches this was just another part of my AIRHEAD ADVENTURES.

POST RECOVERY:
I went to the gym to shake out my legs from my race doing an easy 4 miler around the track. After running I stretched and rolled my IT band for 20 minutes. This also helps keeping things loose.
After loosing up I went to the cold plunge almost methodically. I have turned this frigid torture into part of my training this winter.  Between the pain of rolling my ITBand and the Cold Plunge these two are painfully worth it.
10 minutes in the cold plunge make my 5 minutes in the whirlpool delightful.
As I was leaving the gym my legs felt refreshed.
HYDRATE. Now water is not my drink of choice I prefer coffee but the H2o was going down good.
Sports Massage.
Then...RUN again with the Road runners for another 3 miles!

RUNDOWN:
The Mothership: 4 miles EASY
HUSKY ROAD RUNNERS:
Distance: 3.03
Pace: 7:57
Time: 24

Happy Monday!
God is Good.
I am Grateful.

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment