"If you Feel Great during a Run, go farther than you planned. If something hurts do not force yourself to keep running." Pete Pfitzinger
Today is double time run. I look forward to both runs.
RUN 1: "Danielle"
Such a tough run. The flags were blowing with intensity and this was our first clue it was going to be tough.
It was not soon after we headed down Silver Lake road that we realized that the fresh snow was covering a layer of ice. And it wasn't far after that "Danielle" took the spill.
I felt like I was in a game of FROGGER. We were dodging ice, cars and puddles of slush. And to think my biggest concern on this run was my bowl of chili I for dinner the night before!
There is never a dull moment in Fenton. This run we didn't jump fences, we didn't pick up pit bulls but we turned our run into 9 because I was running my mouth more than my legs and miss navigated!
RUN 2: Husky Road Runners
4 Runners came out tonight. It was a great night for a run. We run a 10-12 minute mile. I had the group run the 5K that the school is doing in June. I ended up doing almost 4 miles running back and forth checking on different runners. It is the most exhilarating feeling encouraging and motivating people to their goals. I can give High fives and "Great job" all day long. As the two faster runners were coming to their last 400meter I say "How do you feel?" and when they said "Good" without hesitation I replied
"Then run this last leg in hard!" Always try to finish Strong.
Run 1: Distance: 9.01 Pace:9:15
Run 2: Distance: 3.86 Pace:9:08
5 Ways to HIDE Spinach!!
- Meatloaf...Alecs favorite!!
- Marinara (Spaghetti, rigatoni)
- Quiche, omlette
- One cup of spinach has nearly 20% of the RDA of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and maintains low blood sugar.
- High Antioxidents, The vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium present in spinach all serve as powerful antioxidants that combat the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
- It is also rich in OMEGA -3 Fatty Acids
|Saucony..Isnt she Pretty?!|
"You don’t need a title to be a leader"