"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This is where the Rubber Meets the ROAD!

4 months. That is what I have been training now to run Bayshore Marathon.
I have trained 45-50 mile run weeks. I have ran every Thursday with my running girls "Katie" and "Danielle"
I have done 4 months of stretching, training, sweating, rolling, praying, and RUNNING.
This is it. You have either put your training to the test or you haven't.
You can't cheat the marathon.
It is 26.2 miles of pavement that will eat you up and spit you out with no remorse!
I Respect the marathon. I am humbled by its magnitude.
I am so small in comparison. I can only conquer you One Mile at a Time. One Breath at a Time. One Step closer to your Splendor. I love you and I hate you. I embrace you and I fear you. I could never come to you unprepared.
I Believe I am ready to Run Your Course.
But I am not coming alone.
 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."
My God is bigger than you. He never leaves me.(Deut 31:6) He strengthens me (Phil 4:13) I seek him and he hears me."Matt 7:7-8) I call unto him and he shows me great and mighty things. (Jere 33:3) I am well and able to overcome (Numb 13:30)

I will see you in a couple days. This is it, 4 months later we meet. I look forward to your beauty. I embrace your greatness. I come humble yet boldly. I am confident we will enjoy our time together and you will see my passion in my pain. I know you will inflict pain upon me. You will not destroy me and you will not discard me. I have worked way to hard for that. I will not give up. I will fight. I will run. I will persevere..

This is where the rubber meets the road. I have nothing else. There are no ancient shining secrets to get me painlessly across the finish line. It will take me over 3 and a half hours.
But this I ask. My one last request...I have prayed ...I ask you to pray for me.
Please remember me in your prayers. For Strength, Perseverance, Confidence. To stay strong minded and quick footed.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment