"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lighthouse Run in Ludington

HELLO LUDINGTON!!
You pack, clean, organize and prepare and no matter what something gets forgotten, misplaced or lost.
Andy and our not so fun run!
I am always forgetting something. I try to come across like I am organized and prepared. And I think I am. I am not sure though..I am a bit confused about who I am and who I think I am. Who I am and who I want to be.
I had to have a  run to Lighthouse!
Before we got to the end of the street Andy had already asked 2 times.."Anita, did you turn the water off after you watered the flowers?" My obligatory response to any of these types of questions is always, "Yesss Andy.." Then my wheels start turning. "I think I did, Yes, You did..Did I??" So by the time the second time comes around  that he asks I am soo scared I didn't shut the water off..Or whatever I was suposed to do in any particular occasion like this one. But for today the second time he asks me all confidence leaves me..."Ahh, maybe we had better go check."
Did I SHUT the Water OFF???????
Yeah...No I didn't! I wanted to..I planned on turning it off, I thought I did..
But I felt so much better about my forgetfulness when Mom and Dad called to ask where the Boys' suitcase was back at our house. Andy packed them with us! (Mom and dad are bringing the boys up tomorrow to meet us in traverse City.) Even Smarty pants Andy has "Nitaism Moments"
Master suite w/jacuzzi tub

We left a day early for a night alone. We did something we have never done before. We are staying at The Ludington House. This is our first time at a bed and breakfast and it is better than I had imagined.
We arrived shorty after 4 pm after our massages that Andy surprised me with! It was awesome.
When we arrived to the 1887 house the owner greeted us sweetly at the door. After giving us the history of the house she finished by telling us unfortunately our room had sprung a leak! Then she calmly added "So we upgraded you to the master suite. Like a 3rd graded I grinned at Andy (when she wasn't looking at me) and started lightly jumping and shaking with excitement!

All I could think of was running to the lighthouse. Andy and I quickly changed into our running clothes and headed out.
About 2 miles into what was meant to be our last run and a fun run Andy says "Anita, this is NOT a fun RUN! There is Nothing fun about it!"
We were running a steady incline, with 20 mile an hour winds and 87 degrees! The sand was blowing into my eyes but it was still fun for me. I was with my favorite person doing one of my favorite things, Running. And running in a new place even tops it off!
Just arrived in Ludington

Today is my last run before Bayshore one Saturday. The weather is a bit iffy and if I don't quit checking it I may drive myself more batty than I already am. Not like I can change it. We ran 4 miles at a 9:15 pace.
Tomorrow I will be conscious of everything that goes in my mouth. From water to protein to carbs. Carb loading started over a week ago, I hope I have enough storage's.
If you can remember to keep me in your prayers.

I just wanted to share how God has blessed me with some awesome people. Some people do not run. Some people will read this and just read it for no other reason but curiosity. But there are some people who will pray for me, who have been praying for me. People who could care less about running but care for me. I have been blessed with some angels around me. I have been given gifts and cards from people who for some reason love me, support me and want me to know they believe in me. People who do NOT run and have no intention of running.
Thank You to "Danielle" my running partner who gave me a very thoughtful care package and card on our last run. I am just so thankful. I am humbled and blessed.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thes5:18

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7

Anita

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't had a chance to read this before you raced, Happy Belated Anniversary!! Glad you had a good time,and such an amazing run!!! Can't wait to see you soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete