"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, May 26, 2012

There is No Anita??? Bayshore Marathon


Bayshore Marathon. Andy had a tag thinging that you could check your results out instantly. So after the race he punched in his bib number and BAM there were his results. I was on the edge of my seat for him to check mine. At first I thought he was joking when he said "There are no results for that bib number." Only he repeated his self.
6:30 am. half awake boys!
I realized this was not a joke and there was nothing funny about it. I was stuck in the car and wanted to cry. I just ran 26.2 miles and the only crying I did was in total gratitude towards God for giving me this opportunity. These were real tears, painful tears, tears of desperation. How could I train for 4 months and it all be in Vain. How could I just run the most incredible run I have ever ran and it be of no worth. How could I qualify for Boston and it not be counted. No..No this could not be happening. I was overcome by more emotions than I had been all day, all week.
I couldn't do anything about it and I knew that. But I couldn't find any peace. We went to breakfast, had a nap and even went to the downtown area but I knew until we went to Running Fit my mind was a loss. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was stealing my focus.
We arrived at Running Fit about 5 pm. I spoke to this guy, Daniel. He released so much tension with his calming voice alone. I was in shear panic as I spoke to him all my concerns. I could feel myself choking up all over again. He gently assured me this happens all the time. The official results do not come out till Wednesday because of this sort of thing.  "Just email us all your data that you have, with your name and number and anything you have and we will get back to you to figure this all out." He made me feel so much better when he added "We also have a video start and a video finish and will be able to get to the bottom of it, do not worry."  My shoulders dropped, my hands relaxed, I felt air release from my lungs as I exhaled all my concern and grief.

So I will give my low down later, I have a really cool story. God always shows himself and encircles me with incredible people...Angels..

My unofficial Garmin time:
Time-3:29
Pace: 7:59
Distance: 26.1
NOTE: My Garmin is off a tenth of a mile because I could not get satellite!

Anita

3 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations to you for completing something so amazing as a marathon! I'm sure you passed me twice (I was a slow and steady half-marathon finisher) but I was in awe of those whom were BRAVE enough to do a marathon and had the heart to finish what they started. I trust that they will get everything figured out with your time, but in the meantime, enjoy every feeling of pride and all the other emotions that come with finishing 26.2 miles. I look forward to reading more from your blog in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thank you, I loved how we got to pass each other on the course, I was so encouraged by the half marathoners. My mind was starting to get the best of me and then you guys started coming down. At the point it didn't matter what we were all running.. Just that we were all RUNNERS!! With one common goal.. To finish the course!! Great job heather!!

      Delete
  2. What a nerve-wracking wait for your time! Congrats on finishing!!! Less than 1% of the world will ever complete a marathon and you've done three. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete