"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Running into a New Season

Eccl 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"

I wanted to up my miles this week.
Tuesday after work I decided I would run 3 miles. This is a big task for me because I never run on Tuesdays. 
I decided to take it nice and slow, it seemed like it was taking forever, yet I couldn't even get my legs to turn over at the pace they were doing. What was going on??? 
By the time I got home with Sheba (Took her running with me) I felt like I had been beat up and left to die. 
Wednesday was going to be a special day. Andy said he would take me to the track and do speed work. But as Wednesday progressed I again felt like someone had worked me over. The wind was blowing cold air with a vengeance. My throat was hurting, I had a headache and I was suffering from a bad case of whining!  I cancelled our date to the track..No running for me. 

This was NOT the way I planned my week for running. I was feeling like a big King Baby pouting. Not only was I not going to be able to "up" my miles, now I was actually going to be DOWN my miles. 

I had to just give it to God. Get over it. I know being sick is the season I am in. It is allergy season for me. It gets me every year....several times.

 Eccl 1:9 "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again;  there is nothing new under the sun" 
It is nothing new..NEITHER are disappointments. This was a different season...this is one I can enter into often.
Being disappointed is not new. Actually it is a well tread road I travel often. I am learning to give it to God. Let it Go and just make the best of what I have.  Disappointments when not managed and kept under check can lead to a multitude of emotions that will place your butt right on the old PITY POT!
Yeah, I am disappointed but I am not discouraged.
I am disappointed by I am  not distressed.
I am disappointed but I am not disabled.

That's part of life. It is not a new emotion, and it will resurface again..Disappointments won't break me. The only thing that is the End of the World is the End of the World! 
Some seasons last long, some season even feel new,  some seasons are short but when we just accept each day as it comes we will be able to transitions into our seasons easier. 

I was talking to a sweet friend of mine, "Celeste". This was a break through for her. It was time for her to move into a new season.  We discovered tonight that when we move into a new season we have some clean-up from the previous season. We have some left over debris to remove to better prepare us and make the best of where we are going. Maybe You have a little clean up to do???


As I close I am relating this to my day of running today. I was still under the weather. I medicated myself up and met the girls at Indian Springs for our weekly 8 miles. They carried me through my season of Allergies. I couldn't have done it without the encouragement and support of Katie and Danielle. I was really miserable.


If you are going through a hard season, God places people around you for help and support. Embrace them to help carry you through this hard time. 


Try to remember every season is temporary. Be Patient. Trust God and his Plan for you.

"Rather than praying for a change in Circumstance Pray for a Change in Character."

And Last...Nothing is new Under the Sun..It may feel like no one knows what your going through, you may not even know..But you are not alone...


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment