"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Undisciplined.

1 Corinth 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

It's those stinking Girl Scout Cookies! I think I have bought close to 15 boxes. Everything from Do Si Do's to Tag a Longs to my favorite Samoas. And the serving size is totally NOT realistic or FAIR.
With pulling in more miles, close to 40 miles a week I am STARVING..constantly starving. I wake up in the middle of the night famished. I go bed hungry and wake up with my mind preparing my meals. I snack, I graze and even shortly after a full meal I feel like I haven't had a bite.
There are things I know I can do differently but instead I have been doing all the bad stuff that tastes so good. Simple Carbs....Girl scout Cookies, Cereal, JUNK junk and MORE JUNK.
The consequences are as follows...still HUNGRY, tired, weak, Belly issues (won't go any farther than that) and GUILTY.
11 weeks till Marathon. Time to get my head back in the game! I have taken 2 weeks off and play time is over!

Last night was the final Hoopla. The Husband took me out for a surprise dinner. The Woodshop. This was on Diners Drive in's and Dives With Guy Fieri. http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/customers-flock-to-clarkston-eateries-following-food-network-showcase-20111214
Only video I could find..Not the best! yikes.

We started out with the Fried Pickles and ended the night with Fried Twinkies!!!
Only my belly revolted against me about an hour later. I was invaded by  a "food belly", looking like I was in my first trimester and feeling like it too!

I was out cold before 10pm, sawing logs and in the fetal position holding my belly in misery. Why does it go down so good and then come back to haunt you????

6:15am came quick, I was still wiped out. Dragging myself to the coffee pot I knew it was gonna be a long day.
Some how I managed a great run with the girls this morning. I think that was only because the company of Danielle and Katie trumps every negative emotion in me. Still not sure how I pulled that one off, but from that point it was all down hill. I had no appetite, unmotivated, and reminded of how undisciplined I had been.
This is MY training. My Hard Work, My sweat and tears and how quickly I was ruining it with the Crap I was feeding myself with the last 2 weeks. DONE. I am DONE.
I am going to try and feature a food in every blog. Tonight I want the Samoas, But I am heading for the Grapefruit!
Girl Scout Cookies VS Grapefruit!!
Samoas

Grapefruit
Calories-97
Total Fat-o
Choleserol-0
Sodium-0
Total Carbohydrate-25
Dietary Fiber-4
Sugars-16
Protien-2
 Extra Benefits:
  • Vitamin C is another antioxidant vitamin found in equal amounts in pink and white grapefruit, with a whopping 93.9 mg which is more than 150 percent of the RDI. The B vitamin family finishes out grapefruit's vitamin content, with the exception of B-12, which is found primarily in animal food sources.
  • High in Antioxidents
  • Lowers blood Suger Levels
There are so many ways we can all be more disciplined. The way we eat is very important as you can see it effects you physically. When you are not physically feeling well, tired, fatigued, weak you open the gate to crabbiness, short temperament and many other emotional handicaps.
Maybe you are undisciplined in other ways? Maybe it is your exercise routine. Have you fallen off the wagon on your New Years Resolutions? Get Back IN the GAME. Reattach your head. Success is not a straight shot. Most successes have failures woven in its fabric.
It is about PROGRESS NOT PROFECTION!!

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment