"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 12, 2012

Post Long run..

Andy asked me to send him a picture of myself, he had WiFi for a few minutes in Haiti.
Well. The best part of my day was having Andy back home.
Andy has been gone for the last 8 days, Mission of Hope in Haiti.
I stayed up till 1am to welcome him home.
That really hurt waking you up this morning. Andy didn't go into work until 8am. We all slept in.
6:15..came and went...6:30 came and went....6:45....came in went....7...7:05.....AHHHH!!!! We ALL gotta hit it and get it!!

Needless to say..after everyone had gone, I had my coffee, cleaned up after all of them and I read my chapter in the bible but that was what did me in...NUMBERS...Boring...I felt me eyes growing heavy, very very heavy....
Yup, I woke up with Sheba curled up against me. It was 11:15!! I had fell asleep for a little under an hour.
My body was moving back to its regular pace.

Time to hit the gym. I did speed drills on the Dreadmill, About 4 miles. I had a little fun with this Meat Head who got on the treadmill next to me. He kept looking at my digits then messing with his. "OHH, you wanna play that game, eh" Soemtimes I notice that big strong guys think they can out TOUGH a run with me, especially at races. I DO NOT NORMALLY do this...But I was feeling feisty today.  I think I was getting prepared for my race this weekend. My competitive spirit kicking in I went tit for tat upping mine..It was fun!!...Thats why I only did 4 miles though!
 I followed up the run with a easy bike ride, about 2 miles. But my favorite...Rolling my IT BAND. Andy took the roller with him. It felt soo good to roll my legs out.
A Haitian and Andy at the Church

Andy said she was the "Most Beautiful Girl" at the hospital He was working in.
But the best part of my day, Sitting next to Andy and listening to his trip through a collage of pictures. Listening to the Heartbreak of Andy for the people of Haiti.
Listening to his love for those people.
Hearing his humbled spirit.
His compassion for those with nothing...yet are filled with the HOLY Spirit.
I could go on and on...God Used Andy in a Mighty Way, But I believe Andy got the greatest gift...By Giving to others we really Gain so much more.....

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me and I will answer you great and I will show you great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment