"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Post Race Long run

 "The best way to get something done is to begin."


Andy took me by surprise and after church said he would run 6 of my 16 miles with me. I was so thankful.
Although my body didn't "Feel" sore I knew I was gonna feel something once my feet hit the pavement.

I felt something alright..I felt:
I felt like turning around....
I felt BLAHH....
I felt grateful to have Andy there (Even though neither one of us did much chatting)
I felt HOT, it was 74' degrees out there.
I felt my knees barking at me.

Andy and I were so excited that the water pump was on downtown. Not caring what anyone thought of us we must have looked funny. We were on our knees pumping out the water drinking it by the handfuls and wiping down our dry hot skin. The water came out of the pump cold and wet. It was so refreshing.

I dropped Andy off and was left to myself for the next 10 miles. I decided in order to not get discouraged I was not going to look at my Garmin. And I didn't. The goal was to JUST FINISH. No time, no worries, just make the 16 mile mark. I struggled to get to each mile.
 Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands. [4] Thy words
have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. Job 4:3-4
My knees started to feel heavy, my hips were aching, my mouth was parched and I felt like I was going turtle slow. I wanted to walk, I wanted to crawl, I didn't want to run anymore.
But YOU can not put off a long run. You have to just get it over with. I knew it had to be done. As painful and miserable as it was, I GOT IT OUT OF THE WAY!!! I FINISHED!!With a little extra whining but it is accomplished!

Post run, ICE- Mortin and feet up for 30 minutes.
Now its time to get up and help Andy with the yard work. I promise I won't complain!

Are You a PROCRASTINATOR??
How is your training going??? Have you stuck to the GOALS you have set out?? You are only cheating yourself. Get our there. One step at a time. You only have ONE Body. Take care of it, Challenge it, Challenge yourself. Do something big, Be Brave...But stand by your word.
IF YOU SAID YOU WERE TRAINING...THEN GET OUT THERE AND TRAIN!!!
Someday is not a day of the week.  ~Author Unknown
Anita~

2 comments:

  1. How fun to read your hubby went along for part of your run! Glad God carried you through the rest. Thanks for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina, It was really a God thing, HE RARELY runs my long run with me..Actually I don't think he has once since I have been training the last several weeks!! God truly carried me, I was evaporated of any strength!
      Hows your training going??
      Anita

      Delete