Advice. Input. Counsel. Suggestions. Guidance.Whatever spin you put on it we have all gotten our fair share. As we get older the information we have received tends to echo in our ears until we find ourselves repeating these same formulas out loud!
We repeat the teachings of our parents with childhood quotes like, "Do unto others as they would do unto you." or "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at ALL."
Well I love quotes, verses and mantra. It sticks with me. It is simple and easy to remember.
I was on the Facebook wall of "I <3 to run" and she had a post that got me thinking. ADVICE. The question was "What is the best running advice you have ever gotten?" Now there were like over 220 comments but I am going to share my top ten FAVORITES that have impacted to ME!
"BEST RUNNING ADVICE YOU HAVE EVER RECEIVED"
- If you can tell the difference between Soreness & Pain you can run as long as you want and as far as you want.
- Get Comfortable with Uncomfortable!
- Your mind will wear out before your body will. If you can control the mind, then you can control the body.
- There will be good runs and bad runs. The bad runs make you stronger and makes you appreciate the good runs!
- Who cares about your Time, just pass the Finish Line!
- Run your Own Race
- 10% Rule -don't increase long run/weekly distance by more than 10% per week
- Roll, Stretch and Ice
- Don't wait till your tired to take your Chews or drink your water.