"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 12, 2011

I am no Olympian, But I will run with all my heart to Honor God


Running with all you have been given~



 Long run today. I always have anxiety about long runs. Today was going to be high of 84 degrees so a little anxiety was displayed in the temperature of my run. Hydration is very important on long HOT runs. But the problem is carrying the hydration belt is so cumbersome. I have issues with things tight on my waist. And the water belt holding 2 water bottles is tight, on my waist and heavy.

I left about 9:30am this morning with a bottle of ice water in my hand and 3 chomps in my pocket.
The first 7 miles I was running on cloud 9.  My legs felt light and airy. The heat of the day was still in the shadows of tree covering and there was nothing but a friendly invitation from the path of endurance. It felt like God himself was leading my legs. Everything just opened up.
By mile 7 everything slowly started to close! My pace had actually increased along with the heat thus making me start to decline physically. I so badly wanted to keep my pace under 8 minute miles. I reached for my chomps and discovered I had somewhere lost one. I only had 2 chomps and about  8oz of water left. This was going to be interesting how I was going to ration this little bit of water and electrolytes.
About mile 11 I looked at my Garmin was disappointed to see I had miscalculated my turn around and I had to add an extra half a mile to make up. It's the "Horses to the Barn Theory"- When I do a "there and back" route on my way "back" it is like closing the gap..seeing the barn. All I can think of is getting home. Only home is another half a mile. At that point my body is shut off, my mind is closed down and I am grasping for just a little bit more.
I finished my 13 miler. My face looked like a bright red tomato. My skin was tanned and dripping in sweat. But my heart was thankful.
When I came inside from running I took a minute and went on Facebook. I watched a video of RYAN HALL someone had posted from a few years back. I had tears washing the sweat off my face after only a few minutes of listening to his Olympic testimony. I am not RYAN HALL. But I am Anita Harless. I may not be trying out for trials or breaking records but God has done something special in me. Just as HE has each one of you. You may not even know it but there is something He has equipped you to do. I don't know why he believes in me the way He does. So many times I struggle to believe in myself. I can list my failures faster than I can list my achievements. He has held me back at times and He has healed me and made me into the runner HE wants me to be. I am every run in AWE of this ability He has given me. No it doesn't save lives or cure cancer, it doesn't even pay bills or feed homeless. But It can honor God. I give HIM the Glory. He is my ultimate Coach. He believes in me, He supplies me with strength and endurance. He benches me with injuries when he desires but he lifts me up and carries me to the finish line every time.


http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=CE22JNNU

RUNDOWN
http://www.dailymile.com/training/list

 
Anita

1 comment:

  1. You should have been an inspirational writer! I am telling you, you missed your calling!!!
    Love ya! Your awesome!
    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete