"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Framing my Canvas.

"I sometimes wonder whether all pleasures are not substitutes for joy." C.S. Lewis
It is amazing how God can make something ordinary extraordinary. He can frame the canvas of my day into something spectacular.
Have you ever bought a picture that was basic but the FRAME brought out the beauty in the picture. The FRAME made it a show stopper. Sometimes it is the FRAME that seals the deal on the purchase of artwork.

When we were in Indianna a couple weeks ago, mom and I were looking at artwork. They had several of the same pictures on the walls with and without frames. Yes, they were nice bare, but outlined in frames or matted to enhance the details of the picture they were brilliant. Breath taking.
That was my morning. It was beautiful out. There was not a cloud in the sky, the morning was crisp, pure, not tainted by agendas and schedules. The morning was not polluted with heavy traffic and the noise of the day.

I met Heidi for a 7-8 mile run. We dropped the kids off at school and left from there. I was surprised by the chill in the air. It was 42 degrees. I was wearing capri running tights with a short sleeve running shirt and a light jacket over top. I was thinking that I may be a bit over dressed.

By the time Heidi and I had reached mile 5 we were both tying our jackets around our waist with beads of sweat around our hairline. The sun had quickly burned up the brisk autumn air leaving a coolness behind that made running more pleasant.

As we ran, we caught up on life between the two of us. Laughing, sharing and fellow-shipping. Between the perfection of the weather and the great conversation Heidi yells " I am walking when we get to 9!!"  9. What? I looked down at my watch and could not believe it we had just ran almost 9 miles.

Where had the time gone? Where had the miles gone? Everything felt so good I was in awe. It was less than 24 hours since I had just ran a tempo run doing 5 miles and wrote it off to be a horrible run. Yes, Just the previous day I had a very difficult run. I had gotten a side stitch that lasted the entire 5 miles and I don't think I ever caught my breath till I had taken my shoes off at home. And now I just had the best run of the week!!

This run was like God framing my day for me. It just made everything beautiful. I had just been given not only a great day but also had it framed. He brought my ordinary day to life. It was like seeing everything for more than its purpose. It was about gratitude. I was so thankful for the simple brisk air all the way down to a basic blue sky that I felt Gods artwork rise out of my heart. His blessings are more than things we ask for. They surround us daily. How will we recognize his large blessings when we do not notice the daily portrait of things not asked for?
"A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings."
 
The great thing about God framing my day is that even in the ugly part of my day the FRAME still made the illistration attractive. The Frame disguised the not so pretty part of my day..APPLE PIE Making!
I should have listened to AUNT LOIS and just bought the Pillsbury Pie crust because that was 3 hours of my life I will never get back. Not to mention I just about cut off both my thumbs on the apple wedger and the stinking pies did not even turn out!!!! I used a new recipe and the cinnamon was so over powering you wouldn't even know there were apples in there! But all framed up the pies even looked good!

THE RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9.04 mi
TIME:01:21 
Pace:08:54 pace
 Here are a couple Items that I enjoy! 
This Looks a little funky but is is very tasty and full of antioxidants. Great for replenishing you. Not high in Protein,
More than twice the protein of regular yogurt. Plus the Super Fruit is Full of flavor.
ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment