"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quick thoughts on the run~

Pain can be endured and defeated only if it is embraced. Denied or feared, it grows.
DEAN KOONTZ, Velocity

The weather said afternoon showers. It was barely 10am and I was already hitting a wall without hardly doing anything.

About 10$ for a pair of arm sleeves. Great for fickle weather!
I decided I had better "hit it and get it". So from almost falling asleep reading my devotional to quickly throwing on my clothes and shoes you would have thought I had just chugged one of those 5 hour energy drinks!
Because the weather was not secured I put on a tank top with my arm sleeves. The sleeves were a great idea because there was a breeze that was quite chilly. Yet it was not cold enough to wear the extra clothing. I could always pull the sleeves down or even take them off and carry them with out the sleeves being to cumbersome.

From the moment I turned my Ipod on great music exploded in my ears. This was the first sign it was going to be a great run. I have always been triggered by music. It often has the power to set my mood. Or prevent me from getting in "a mood."
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
BoB Marley 
My body felt good. My mind felt clear. My thoughts drifted to Andy. How hard he runs through his affliction and injury prone body. It was my inspiration today. I wanted to have no fear of pain. To know that victory and success does come with an amount of pain that at the moment feels discouraging but is soon forgotten when you achieve your goal. Then that pain is racked up like a trophy. Pain is like the rung of a ladder when it comes to running, in order to get to the top you are going to have to endure a bit of pain.
But today there was no agony. There were even hills yet the pain never came. There was mild amount of discomfort here and there but nothing out of the usual. 
It was a good day where running is defined.

Today's Diet
BREAKFAST
Coffee
WW English muffin with peanut butter spread
Banana
LUNCH
1/2 turkey sandwich with Swiss, lettuce and Mayo w/olive oil
1/2 cup Low fat Cottage Cheese
Apple
DINNER
Tuna steaks with Black bean salsa
Baked Carrots
Wild rice
Fresh Cantaloupe
DESSERT
  Blueberry Pie with LF ice cream ( I have to throw that pie away and get it out of the HOUSE!)

RUNDOWN
DISTANCE:7:35
PACE:7:48
TIME: 57:22
FASTEST MILE:7:37:16
SLOWEST MILE:8:05:60

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment