"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Conquer...

 "GO FORTH A CONQUEROR AND WIN GREAT VICTORIES"

Sometimes you are just not feeling it.
That was me this morning. I was feeling everything else that I had to do but I was not feeling like running at all. I decided to post pone my morning run and hope that I might "Feel" it in the afternoon or maybe even the evening, maybe, hopefully...this was the plan
I had that burnt out feeling. Just tired. I felt like running the vacuum or cleaning toilets sounded better than lacing up and running. Isn't that pathetic. That's how I felt, Pathetic. Lazy. When cleaning toilets after 3 guys seem like more fun than running you know you are Pathetic!

I made my coffee, and it was a perfect cup of bliss. The coffee set the mood for the following series of events in my day.
I want to share my reading today in Exodus. I just want to share how God had empowered Moses and Aaron  to go and speak to Pharaoh.

But the part that stands out to me Is GOD empowering Moses and Aaron in their old age to be leaders. To Stand UP against the Strongest Power IN the WORLD at that time!
Can you just imagine??
To tell them to speak Power and Authority.
There are areas in my life that are so large and frightening. There are areas that I am afraid to conquer because they can seem so hopeless or too challenging.
The pressures of life, feelings of discouragement, guilt, and making goals, or meeting challenges make me feel like a slave to these and other Pharaohs in my life.
Similar to the people of Israel.
But GOD gives us POWER AND AUTHORITY through HIM to speak those things out of existence. Like Moses and Aaron.
The Bible says we “ are MORE than CONQUERORS through HIM that loved us first.” Romans 8:37
Now I sent this to my reading partner Kelli. I left the house to run errands and almost heard the exact same thing from a speaker on the radio. Same verses and all! Two times in 3 hours. 
Going over this a few times did not make me want to run any more throughout the day. Yes, I felt more confident in who I am and what I am capable of but it didn't give me the passion or zeal to race out the door to run.
The only thing I could think of was: I HAVE to run. Like washing toilets. Some things may not "Feel" good but they have to get done. 
And two, I Need Andy. I was quickly coming up with a million reasons to feed my pathetic-ness. I knew if I could convince Andy to go run I would have companionship and accountablity. Like Moses had Aaron. I needed a partner where I felt insufficient. "two is better than one..." I needed a partner to support me in my weakness. 
The clock was ticking, the heat was piping but as soon as I saw him I knew together he would help me Conquer the Pharaoh of apathy or even laziness.
Here's to conquering myself, my mind, my voices!!!
RUNDOWN:
TOTAL MILES: 5.4
FASTEST: 8:15
OVERALL TIME: 48.47
"Only things the dreamers make live on.They are the eternal conquerors."
Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment