"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Suck it up Buttercup.

My client laughed at something I said, one of a million dumb things I am sure and responded with this one. "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP".  She had heard this quote and found a lot of humor in it. I wouldn't say I found as much humor in it as I did truth.
My morning was a drag. I was crabby and emotional. I hate it when I let my emotions steer my ship. But then I heard Mrs Barbara..."Suck it up Buttercup!"
I was reading my devotional for the day trying to suck it up and was taken back when I read "blessings and cursings" in the passage. I had just blogged that last night. The whole passages was speaking to me.
As I continued to read I felt myself awakening. I could feel myself gaining strength. I could feel the words building me up and encouraging me to MOVE. And that is what I did!

I was supposed to run the track but I am not disciplined enough to go at it alone the way I should. I struggle challenging myself. Pushing myself to my limits.I shorten my limits and call it good.
So I just did a basic 9miles. I don't say this in arrogance, I am just saying that I didn't do speed work or a tempo, I just ran with no agenda except to accomplish 9 miles. Very windy out. Funny how you can't catch your breath when there is PLENTY of air blowing at ya~
"Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind."
Today was one of those days I really wanted a coach, a trainer. Someone to challenge me and push me. Someone to analyze my running and times. I struggled all day. I let these thoughts hold me captive. I let them rent way to much space in my head. I entertained fear. Scared I would fail my goals. What a waste. The good news is I didn't invite anyone to my pity party! I hung out by myself.

THE RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9:03
Time: 1:11
Pace: 7:53
My right knee was mildly hurting the first 5 miles. Great weather, a bit windy.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment