"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 19, 2011

Gloomy days Agenda.

9:11 AM: My chest is pounding, my hands are wobbling. I am struggling to keep my focus and even typing in the keys to the keyboard are a difficult task right now. My insides are shaking, I feel like I want to come right out of my skin. My sugar has dropped. This is an awful feeling. I have engulfed a banana loaded with peanut butter, only to late. Now it is a waiting game. I have these episodes about once a week and sometime more. I am trying to relax and just breath but I hate the way my body turns against me. I feel as though I have no control over myself.  Andy  thinks I have panic attacks. I had them when I was younger but life was a lot different then. The Doctor has actually told me that I am hypoglycemic. My sugar just drops. Especially when I don't eat right. Or like this morning don't get around to eating fast enough...waiting...gonna go lay down for a minute...

I actually got sick to my stomach and had to lay dawn for about 15 minutes. UGH. I hate it when that happens. Especially when it happens on a rainy, gloomy day because the body does not want to move.  I really had to muster up some strength to keep going.

The plans for the day was as follows.
1. Kids off to school.
2. Devotional time
3. Clean house, laundry. 
4. Be to the gym by 12:30-1:30/2
5. Shower
6. Pick up kids @ 2:45
7. Home, make kids snack, clean more and prepare dinner,

Pretty basic. Great schedule for a dreary day. By about noon I realized I had to hurry up and get to the gym to run. I was planning on doing some speed work. Maybe a tempo run. I HATE speed work.

But the pressure is on. I was greatly disappointed to not be able to run BOSTON again. To qualify and Know that you got in and not get to do it is very disheartening. I wish we had a money tree. Andy does not want me to run both Boston and New York next year because of expense. BUT... What if I do not get in to New York and I just blew Boston?? You are going to have to put me in a little white room with padded walls. Some of you may already have thought that I needed to be committed. But I assure you that will confirm your thoughts of my insanity.
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.  ~Newt Gingrich
So the pressure is on. Yes, I can go into the lottery system for ING NYC Marathon. But the chances are about 1 in 6! I was not born with a HORSESHOE BUTT, Luck just does not follow me. Over 125,500 runners applied through the lottery system!! Less than 30,000 will be drawn! 

I can not live By Chance. So we must train. And train hard. For the next few weeks I am going to hurt. But I believe God will direct me. I am praying Everyday for strength, stamina, endurance and to remain injury free. I can not run alone. I Need Him.


The rain was not letting up this afternoon so I decided to use the Dreadmill at the gym. Tempo run. Definition:A Tempo run involves running at a target pace for a set time or distance. It helps me get accustomed to a certain pace.My Race Pace.( The pace I will have to run to race)
So basically it looked like this.
Stretch and roll IT Band.
Walk .2 mile 
Dreadmill at a 8:15 pace for a mile
4 miles at 7:13 pace...right to where you want to puke and DIE...
Walk it down slinging sweat everywhere.
Then challenge yourself to some more crazy speed running. Hoping that smell is the guy next to you...
Yup..Another half mile at 6:40 pace. then more walking..sweating, and excessive breathing and grunting. And realize that smell was attached to you..yikes.!!!
The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.  ~Ecclesiastes 9:11,
But overall I feel awesome. So cool how I felt redeemed from last weeks run. Last weeks Tempo run was "Less than Zero". See this is where it is at. Most people give up..But not every run is a Feel Good kinda run. But then most of us wouldn't know that because we just QUIT. QUIT right before we have something awesome around the corner. Quit before we see the results of all the hurt and pain. Quit before we accomplish the GOAL we initially set out for. QUIT Before we could see the Product of our Process. We just QUIT.

Power Dinner
Santa Fe Salad, can also add cheese avocados and tortilla strips.

Santa Fe Salad. ( Romaine, Corn, Black Beans, Green Pepper, Onion, Tomato. ) Keep salads full of color.
Mashed potatoes, Cottage cheese w/pineapple, Corn.
CHILE-LIME FLANK STEAK
Ingredients: 2 5-inch red Chile peppers, seeded and finely minced, juice 2 limes, 1 tbls olive oil, 2 green onions finely sliced, pinch sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, 1 32-oz flank steak, trimmed of fat.
Instruction- ONE-In a large zip-top freezer bad, combine Chile peppers, lime juice oil, onions and salt and pepper. Add steak and seal bag. Through bag, massage Chile mixture into surface and marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours.
TWO_ Preheat grill to high. Grill steak 12-15 minutes flipping only once, until reaches desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. TO SERVE, thinly slice steak across grain.




Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment