"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Running through allergies.

Saturday at work I could feel it coming on. Every hour that passed the sneezing multiplied. I was having a hard time not sneezing all over my clients and an even harder time not peeing my pants all over myself.

By the time I got home I saw Andy running down the road and knew my evening plans were as gone as my clear sinuses were. I also realized my plans of shopping at the local art fair couldn't stand up to Andys plans of watching the big Michigan- Notre Dame game.
So I resigned to bed. By the time Andy came in from his run I was drooling with a soar throat, out cold on the bed. My head was pounding, my nose was stuffy, I couldn't stop sneezing and I was still bummed knowing that driving into Rochester for the fair wasn't going to happen.

Andy had a boys night. When he came home from running he brought me some herbal tea. I really  had my heart set on this Blueberry herb tea from STASH. He couldn't find it but brought me home some Raspberry Hibiscus Herb tea. When the tea reacted with the boiling water the air was filled with a sweet berry smell. The smell alone was soothing and with each warm sip you could feel the calming effects taking place.


To ensure a good night sleep I took 2 capfuls of NYQUIL.
By the time I got up I felt like a bear who was still not ready to come out of hibernation. I had a mountain of KLEENEX balls on the nightstand and my head was pounding. Andy politely asked if I was going to church but he already knew the answer.

I knew if I just got up I would feel better. Andy had called to see if I wanted to meet them for breakfast. I didn't even want to answer the phone I thought, but I answered, "No thanks". After hanging up I dragged myself out of bed and thought a hot bath might help. And from that point little by little I was getting more functional.

Andy brought me home some hot tea from Tim Hortons. It was perfect. But what was even more perfect was Andy saying,'Hunny You know I love you to take you to Rochester Arts and Apples, get ready, lets go." That's when I suddenly felt ALL better!

THE RUNDOWN:
It was a beautiful day. After the art show I quickly ran upstairs and threw on some running clothes. My time was limited. I had a whole chicken in the crock pot because mom and dad were coming over for dinner at 5:30. It was already 4:20. My headache wasn't to much of a nuisance but running out of time was a bit annoying. 
 Tough run, ran out of time so I was trying to get a little more intense in a lot less time! The heat was an additional element to the intensity of my run.
I ran a few Farteks, And even walked for a few seconds. I was all over the board. But overall ran hard. 

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 31 minutes
Pace: 7:40

DINNER & DESSERT!
Chicken and onions in crock pot seasoned with Italian seasoning.
Baked Potatoes
Baked baby carrots with brown sugar
Salad
Cottage cheese
Dessert:
OH yeah...Apple Pie!! 
And I did make an Angel food cake. Lighter. Non fat and still yummy, I did have the apple pie though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment