"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, April 15, 2011

Making my list and checking to twice. 2morrow BOSTON

I recovered from last night. I got to bed and Andy was sawing logs and the dog had moved into my spot on the bed. I prayed, and prayed some more, eventually pulling out my solitaire game on my cell phone and soon I too was asleep.
We are marking things off one by one. Checking the list and praying that we have everything and did not forget anything!
I got that last Physical Therapy appointment in this week with Clint Verran. CHECK
Worked Today. CHECK
Massage! CHECK
Bags packed..Garmin, IPOD, BIB number, Juice Plus, Chia Seeds,BIBLE, Essentials.CHECK
Kids packed and dropped off at the parents house. CHECK
Arrive safely at hotel. CHECK
Bella Visage
Clint Verran Physical Therapy


It was in general a great day. I came into work and everyone at my work were so encouraging. My manager, Nancy told EVERYONE I was running in the Boston Marathon. It made me feel like a superstar. I got a little bit embarrassed and she just lifted me up more. And as if the girls at work were not cheering me on, my client came in with flowers! I had another client this week that got me a gift certificate to a spa as a congratulations gift. Wow. These are clients, friends. These are cheerleaders. People who believe in me and love me. It just blows my mind. They are not family, they do not come over for holidays or know your cell phone number. But they support me and love me. It is awesome the people God places in your life. I am so completely blessed by these people who know my heart. They know this running thing is important to me and do not judge me, they know I am not snobby or superficial. They love me for me and all the things that are important to me they love FOR me. Even if they do not love running or understand it. They love that I love it. That is amazing to me. This reminds me of how GOD loves us. He wants us to have Life Abundantly. He Knows our heart. He wants to cheer us on in the little things and the big things. He believes in us when we can hardly believe in ourselves. This is how I was surrounded today. By this kind of authentic love. I had friends calling me at work on their day off...I am still in awe.
The massage I got today was on my lunch break. This was a gift from a friend who I work with. Just a random gift for me for... I still do not really know. But I am so grateful. The massage is something that they recommend before a race and after as well.
MASSAGE benefits Before a RACE.
Benefits Include:
* improved circulation
* more flexible joints
* reduced risk of injury
* enhanced performance
* decreased muscle soreness
MASSAGE benefits After a RACE.
 After cooling down, post event massage can help to relax tight muscles, relieve cramping and reduce recovery time. Decreased muscle soreness is an added benefit!
Tomorrow we will be on a plane a 6am for Boston.  We will keep you all updated. Keep us in your prayers for safe traveling and all the fears and emotions to be managed and maintained. Thank you..

Anita

1 comment:

  1. So cool Nita! Love your blog :) I need to read the one on how to START running, lol ;) Good luck in Boston!!!!

    Jess Dockham

    ReplyDelete