"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston Day 2.."Great and Mighty things."

Boston Day 2.
It is getting late and I have to get up in 7 hours so I am going to keep tonight's post very simple.
I was the first to wake up so I took advantage of this time and grabbed my bible to get some quite time. Some "Be still and Know" time is what I like to call it. I was reading in Romans Chapter 12. It was a great reminder of how I need to be towards others. As I was reading this, a verse came through that reminded me of all the love and support I have gotten. Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with them that do rejoice and weep with them that weep." I am just overwhelmed with the comments and messages that I have gotten. I am so thankful for all the love and support.
Andy and I after getting ready walked down to Dunkin Donuts and enjoyed a cup of coffee till we left and headed into the city for the EXPO. This Expo is the largest expo in the U.S. We spent 6 hours here. Chaos. I loved every minute of it. Several times I got tears flooding my eyes and draining down my cheeks. I felt my heart skip a beat and I just continued to give thanks and praise to God for this experience of a life time.
We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. As we were waiting to be seated at the Cheesecake factory we hustled to Max Brenners. (We had over an hour wait.) This is a Chocolate Brewery. They make their own chocolate and also serve dinner and dessert. Andy and I discovered this place in New York City and stumbled on it here in Boston. What a treasure to discover.
My brother and sister in law met us for dinner. After we ate we ordered dessert to go. A tradition we have done for most runs we do out of town.
We are currently in our hotel where we have everything laid out and muscles stretched and rolled. Our dessert is crumbless and I think I had better shut down for the night before Andy lovingly scolds me!

My verse for running Boston has been Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." I rehearsed this and prayed this in my quite time. This has been my miracle verse. The Opportunity to run Boston is so mighty to me, something I never saw in my plan.

Well tomorrow I will be heading out of the hotel at 6AM. I will take a cab to Back Bay Hilton where I will catch a bus from Baumans Running out of Michigan. There it will take me to the starting line and I can stay on this coach bus right up till start.
Andy is wanting my time to be 3hours 38 minutes. I am going to need a lot of prayers to pull that one off. But "GREAT and MIGHTY things". That will be a PR...(PERSONAL RECORD). "GREAT AND MIGHTY"!

MY TWO CENTS WORTH:
  • The Boston Marathon was a free event, and the only prize awarded for winning the race was a wreath woven from olive branches.
  • Women were not allowed to enter the Boston Marathon officially until 1972.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment