"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Training those Unaware. Austin joins CC

What a dreary day. I needed a little fire in the furnace today. It was the perfect nap day. Only the body was not on the same page as my mind. Of course nothing is usually on the same page as MY Mind. Hence why I run!  I wonder if I was a more logical and compartmentalized thinker if I would run as well. One never knows...
Dragging my feet I went to the gym. I was all alone so I grabbed the remote controls and found TRUE TV! That not only entertained me for my 7 miles but the two who came strolling in and grabbed treadmills next to me. Top 20 Most Shocking Videos was airing and it was more enjoyable watching these newcomers crinkle their faces at the video mishaps than actually watching the show.
I kept things reigned in. Not going to fast. Not going to far, and not doing to much. Which couldn't have been a easier task on such a unmotivating day.

When I came home from running, my 11 year old son, Austin says,  "Mom, I have to run 20 minutes every day during vacation". I had no idea his coach wanted him to do this. Unlike homework you never hear about, he was eager to share this. I was glad to hear his discipline. As parents our children are watching our every move. They are absorbing not only our actions but also our character. The proof is in the pudding. He knows that you have to do it. You are only going to get results from dedication, commitment and hard work. I do not have to preach this at him. He is 11..He is not going to listen. He is going to learn from watching. This was a great reminder today and an encouragement to me to keep doing the right thing. There are different things that we are training for in our lives.  I am not only running my race but I am here to help train 2 little boys to strive and train for their races.
Php 2:16 "Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain."

Two Cents Worth Tip: When running on a treadmill remember to keep your elevation at .05 to best duplicate running surface outside unless doing a programed run with hills*


Anita

2 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer! I would love to go to Austin's meets and support him and all of you with your racing!! I remember CC, I was so nervous...I cried when the coach mad me run 'distance'!! I was a sprinter!!!
    Good for him with his discipline and following his awesome parent's footsteps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeanne, He would love it! Of course we would all love it! You guys need a house in Michigan! You were one of the lucky ones that transitioned WELL! Memories..

    ReplyDelete