"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boston Day 4...Homeward Bound

I slept. Finally slept through the night. Nothing stirred me. I was the first one up, after snoozing the alarm 2 times, no one was climbing out of bed in a hurry.
Andy and I quickly showered and packed. We were out the door to catch our shuttle to the airport in less than 40 minutes. I left the hotel looking like I felt...RAN OVER. My hair in a messy bun...labeled as it looked! And I did not take the time to paint the barn hoping that the sun I got would give me a "Natural Glow." As I caught a glimpse of myself later in a mirror I realized "natural" days are over. A suntan can not trade places with Painting the barn!
Everything went smooth to the airport and home.
I have learned how to walk down stairs BACKWARDS quite well. I thing my quads are repaying me for taxing them so bad. They are on FIRE...I am doing the "marathon shuffle" This is a very goofy looking walk. It is crooked and kinked. You can not open your stride because you use more muscles. Your entire lower extremity is in a war against you. My calves if pointed at all go into a charlie horse which drops you right to your knees. You want so badly to stretch your legs out but you are instantly reminded of the pain. The quads retaliate with sharp pain from your hips to your knees.
It is all worth it. The above paragraph as painful as it sounds is really just brief in comparison to achievement of running the Boston. The problem lies here...I am in so much pain and still lethargic that I am going to bed now. I want to share the experience but I want to do it with enthusiasm and rest. Stay tuned for the details tomorrow. It is a story of miracles and surprises. It is story of Angels and Demons..and Reminding ourselves who we are entertaining...

Exodus 33:14
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”Anita

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and obviously an inspiration as your brother talks about accomplishing something big like that too!!! Love your Blog! You should have been a writer!!! Was great to see you and spend some time! Hugs to the boys, we missed them!!! Keep on running!!!

    ReplyDelete