"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pounding the Pavement

Romans 5:3-4 "Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

The last several weeks have been a bit defeating. Between struggling with recovery of my body from Cloudsplitter and just feeling like a slug on all my runs, I have been slightly emotional.

A little pouty.
A little concerned.
A little whiny.

I needed a break from being beat up from the chatter in my head.

My morning didn't start out real well. My sugar dropped about 8am and it took me almost 45 minutes to rid myself of the sweats and shakes.  I grabbed a hand full of honey roasted nuts, while I was making a bagel. I tossed another handful of homemade granola over my Noosa Greek yogurt. I wanted to throw up but I forced all the food down waiting for my body to love me again. I had no juice in the house. I hate to buy it because my kids go through it so fast.
I got so nervous, I just planted myself in the chair afraid to move. My heart was pounding out of every fiber of my body. I couldn't sift through my thoughts, everything was raging.
This episode really put me in a slow mode. I could have curled up in bed and wrote the day off.

I ran solo on Monday and I was running solo again today.
Running alone allows me to be more intentional about running.
More focused and deliberate.

The sun came out right before I headed out of the house to run. Initially, I wanted to run 10 miles.
However, before I even started my Garmin I changed my mind to 8 miles.
My race is Sunday and I need fresh legs and a healed booty.

It was like the stars were lined up just for me, only there were no stars out at 12 in the afternoon.

I have no idea when I decided to turn left down E.Holly rd, heading towards 5 miles of hills.
There was no turning around.
I was wearing shorts yet again. It was only 48 degrees out but the sun warmed me up quickly. I had a long sleeve shirt on and a buff around my neck and was very comfortable.

My legs were on the move. I was fully engaged. It was like I had brand new legs.
There was apprehension though, could I maintain this magic? I had a lot of hills to hit.

My first mile, was like old times. I nailed a 8:17min/mi. and was still breathing! That mile included a nice rolling hill or two.

But I had to maintain it. The temperatures were cool on my skin, allowing me to run more intensely.
I kept hearing people honk their horns and wave at me. Kevin, a girlfriend of mines husband actually slowed way down and shouted out of the window at me. Each holler and horn honking kept me high spirited.
It was like God parted the red sea for me. Cars moved way over, garbage trucks waved as they boldly changed lanes completely, motioning "thumbs up" in my direction. I gave my biggest smile and "thumbs up" to innumerable vehicles in thanks.

I kept hitting each mile, trying to stay relaxed and as close to an 8min/mi as I could. I heard the "Beep" on my Garmin and eagerly looked down to see if I was on track. My original goal was 8:20min/mi. My body felt like it was floating on the pavement.
I questioned if I should bring it down a bit due to the elevation and the head wind that I was encountering on my way back in.  I really wasn't forcing my body to go harder than it wanted to.
Mind over matter.
I decided with 2 miles left I was going to work hard at sustaining the pace.

I saw that last hill. I gained as much momentum as I could before I headed up. "7:50...I can do this, all the way up...Pump those arm, breath..pick up those legs, shoulders back..."
I got up on my toes "Go Anita, go...Up up up...all the way through."
At the top of the hill, I wanted to collapse. You never quit on the downside of a hill. It was downhill home. Maintain. My entire upper body was tingling. Numb. I convinced myself to breath, "It won't last long, run through it, go Nita."
Slowly my body accepted the punishment and picked up the speed. "Faster, You are breathing, Go FASTER Nita."
I finished my last mile 7:42min/mi with a big sh*#  eating grin on my face.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8 miles
Pace: 8min/mi
Time 1:04


Running hard makes for a hungry runner.
Dinner was a HUGE hit with the entire family. No Leftovers but one scrawny chicken thigh.
Both boys asked for seconds of everything and paid me big compliments. My mommy heart and belly was full.
Wildtree. Asian Chicken, homemade fried rice, sautéed veggies, eggroll, and salad.

I am stuck in all day tomorrow, I am excited to see what I make tomorrow. Dessert...

Tomorrow is massage day! I almost had to cancel. Andy's transmission is acting up and I am without a vehicle all day tomorrow. I was able to move it later, I wanted 2 hours, beggars can't be choosers.


Romans 5: 3-4 "Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

I was reminded today that suffering; mentally, physically, emotionally or even financially is all part of life.
There is such a battlefield in our minds.
Giving up is not an option. Nothing good comes out of quitting.
We persevere through our suffering. We don't quit. Maybe we have to change our outlook. Maybe we have to change the game plan. Maybe we even have to change direction all together. But don't GIVE UP.
With every breath dig in. You will grow stronger, you will grow from the inside out.
There is always HOPE.
Just when I thought I was always going to be running in pain, sore, tired, fatigued..God gave me a perfect run.
I believe if he cares about the details of my running he cares about all the of our life.
Give Glory.
Have Hope.
Stay Humble.

Anita~


No comments:

Post a Comment