I posted this question on my FB page Running against the OdDs. I was so thankful to those that took the time and shared their answers. I enjoyed reading these little nuggets of wisdom. People always like to go to the COMMENT section. So do I.
I know each of these runners. Some not so well, but there is a connection to each.
Kris Taubitz Stay balanced (running, strength training and cross training with other aerobic activities)~signed an injured runner making her come back...the smart way (and smart is NOT always easy for runners)
- Kris is a running partner of a lady I go to church with. Rachel Dahlin. I have never actually ran with Kris but we have a love for Christ and running. With these 2 commonalities I almost feel like we know each other more than we do. I have Ran into Kris once running and once at Target!
Kris and Rachel
Erin Atkins Find good running partners! My favorite quote: "if you want to fast, run alone, if you want to go far, run together"!
|Erin is in the middle!|
- Met her a couple years ago in a running club. Our kids go to the same school. Great smile, great gal. She is always trying to get her miles in!
Rachel Karwoski Dahlin ^^^^ditto that! ~signed previously injured runner
- Knew her parents before her. Her parents are greeters at our church. They were always sharing Rachels and Kris's running adventures with me. I have now had the privilege of running with her a few times.
Sue Barnes Don't quit.
- Sue is a rocking cheerleader, runner, coach and motivator amongst many other titles. I met and worked with Sue when I direct "Run for a Remedy 5K". She worked for the CRIM at that time and now works with the Brooksie Way. She is AWESOME!
Sarah Petzold Fox Don't compare yourself to other runners, your on your own journey!
- Sarah is a newer runner making great strides. I get so excited seeing her training and working so hard at her goals. I know Sarah from church. She has been working really hard and this year will be her first CRIM!!
What Wisdom do you have? I could use some ULTRA Wisdom tips!
1.What kind of trail shoes do you wear and why? Do you wear trail shoes or just use your road shoes?
2. Do you run with a Camelback? What do you do on runs over 25 miles?
3. What Nutrition do you take on those 4+ hour runs?
That's off the top of my head!