"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Catch a train ride

Is it gonna rain or not going to rain. That is the question!
If you are going to run you just need to get out there and run. You can not take the weather at its word or you may never get your laces tied.
I ran in the afternoon. One thing is a certain, it was HOT.
There are runs that I just go out for the love of running.

I managed to get my son to run a mile with me! A whole whopping mile. I secretly thought I may be able to talk him into more. He didn't run even a step more than a mile.
I defined my run a FUN RUN. Another easy peasey run. It was scorching out, the heat alone was going to be challenging enough to get my 5 miles in.
Running doesn't have to always be so serious. Married to your watch, beating your self up over your pace, struggling to maintain your  training miles is fine, but can lead to burn out.
When training for a specific race discipline and commitment is vital. But every once in a while you have got to smile, wave and daydream.

Todays goal was 5 miles. No pace, no race. It was 91 degrees. The goal was to be that nerdy local. One with a big cheesy smile on her face. I was that, I even made it a point to WAVE to at least 10 people. The town I live in is pretty small, making my goals more achievable than a sub 8 pace! And less painful.
My run was enjoyable until about mile 3! The permagrin was making me sweat! I got stopped my a train and seriously questioned jumping on it. It is a good thing no one was with me, I think I would have convinced them to try it with me. The train was actually going about my run pace! NO LIE. It wouldn't have taken much coaxing. I actually am disappointed I didn't do it. I was concerned I would be breaking the law and end up in jail. Can you only imagine?! Is there a LAW for train jumping?

Here is my Running Partner for the week...Jessica!
 
 
 
 
 
  • Jessica and I know each other from both church and we used to work together.
  • I enjoyed running last year with her. She ran the Crim and will be out there again.
  • Jessica is a incredible mommy.
LAST WEEKS NUMBERS:
  • Longest Run-30 miles
  • Hardest run-17miler
  • Total miles:68
My left knee is being a bit bothersome. I think I will be keeping my miles down. The Crim is Saturday. I WILL NOT BE RACING IT. I will be running it though! Stay tuned. Tomorrow I will Post a contest.
Im going to finish off the rest of the chocolate Kay gave me from Vienna. It is AMAZING!
 
ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment