"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Moving Forward.

Isaiah 43:18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.” (NIV)
 

This past weekend was my anniversary weekend. My husband has the habit of going back in time.
"Anita, I wish I could just go back and....."
"Nita, wouldn't you want to just change..."

You can would've and could've things to death. It isn't going to change the outcome of the present.
The only thing that is going to change the outcome of the present or the future is your reaction and response to the past.

I replied to Andy, "It is gone. All the heartache and all the mistakes are done. I can't change them from yesterday but I can change them from tomorrow."  I can actually grow more from the dirt I buried myself in if I choose. But I have to move forward.  Andy has moved forward himself. He has done many many things differently. I am very proud of the changes he has made.

I am moving forward these days but a lot different. With my knee angry, it leaves me confused and emotional.
I am moving forward slowly. I am looking back and fishing for past experience to use for future progress.
Quitting is mental. I am more determined than ever to stay strong and stay focused on getting healthy and being uninjured.
I have cut my miles back almost by half. No speed work. No hills. No KIDDING!
I have iced my knee in the cold plunge for 20 minutes. I have iced throughout the day. I have rolled and I have PRAYED.
Next week I see the DR.

The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:15
Pace:9:22
*Danielle and I met this morning for our run. She was very kind and prompted me to slow down or walk if my knee hurt. We walked at every mile. We were both shocked at our time considering we added walk breaks every mile.
I am so blessed by our friendship. After running, Danielle took the time to assess my knee. (She is an occupational therapist) She had even taken the time to look up a couple diagnoses based on my symptoms. We headed into Panera before we separated and I made a makeshift ice bag to put on my knee as I drove out.

Moving forward does not mean you forget the past. Quite the opposite actually. For me it means making amends to my past failures and mistakes. It is having the humility to accept myself and my imperfections. It is using my past not as a stumbling block to my future, rather a building block to move forward on.
Sometimes I look back and just wish.. There are people and relationships I miss. I have to examine my actions with the closure of those. This is the hardest for me. It is hard to move forward with only memories of relationships that are no more.
Moving forward is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Keep your eyes up to see where you are going. Never forget yesterday. Use Yesterday as  a tool for a better Tomorrow. Just keep moving forward.

Are you like Andy, questioning your yesterday? Or have you come to terms with your yesterday and are working at a better tomorrow?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment