"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Whiny Wednsday

Tonight is yet another late night. I am running a whole lot more than my legs. I am running all over the place for these kids of mine. This is me Whining!

"Rest when you get to Heaven".   There is nothing better than watching your kids work hard. I love watching them play sports. The sweat, the red faces, and the look of perseverance. I am highly competitive, therefore I get a little excited on the sidelines. Not so excited driving in between counties to get them to practice, but excited to see the results from their hard work.

Even coaching the kids in XC I get stoked. I run from one end of the course to the other end, trying to see every kid twice during meets.
I am a screamer. I yell, rant, cheer, chant, you name it. My voice is all raspy, I sound like a weekend binger.

It is a high energy season of life, it is also a season of running all over the place. It is missed meals, bad meals, bad sleep, no sleep, it is schedules, emails, time frames and deadlines from just the top of my head.

But in all of that, I still have found time to RUN. I have also found time to do my devotional. This morning I did my reading with Austin. It was one of my favorite verses:


 Psalms 23:4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
            I fear no evil, for You are with me;
            Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
 
I recited these words throughout my day. Today, I ran 9 miles outside. My heart continued to bring up these scriptures.
I had to ask myself, What do I FEAR?
What does Evil look like to me?
 
Was Evil the hill that loomed for a quarter mile in front of me?
Was Evil the sound of my breathing, as my heart and soul begged for me to quit and return back?
 
Evil comes in many different scenes for every person in their places of life.
On my run Evil is defeat.
Evil is my stupid knee hurting.
Evil is the creepy guy driving by me for the 3rd time.
Evil is the "BEWARE OF DOGS" sign.
Evil can even be my failures that I regurgitate on my run, beating myself up mile after mile.
 
When I rehearse HE is with me, I go out more boldly. I am more confident of my purpose and my position.
As I went up the never-ending hill I coached myself out loud. "Let's Go Anita, Up Up UP!" I chanted.
As I approached the top of the hill I reminded myself NOT TO THE TOP BUT OVER THE TOP". Out of breath, I dug in a little more, pumping my arms, while waiting for my legs to follow.
"Practice what you Preach" I told my self. I was haunted by my coaching mantras every time I came to another hill.
 
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9 miles
Pace: 8:06
Time: 1hour 13 minutes.
 
*In this season of life I am running all over the place. But no matter how busy I am, I have to remind myself that the REAL EVIL is not taking TIME to spend with the Lord. My runs allow me to really meditate and focus in my depletion on HIM. When I run I am empty. That Emptiness helps me to quit relying on MYSELF and Rely on HIM.
 
On the Lighter side: Katie at my work had me rolling this week. You never know what she is going to say. I had an Alzheimer's client come to me on Tuesday. She really pulled my heartstrings. When she left I said to Katie. "That would be so hard, I hope I do not live that long where I might have that disease." Then I added "Katie, would you take care of me?"
Katie replied without missing a beat "YEAH! I would just put you on the treadmill and run you, you wouldn't remember how far you were running anyway!"
Katie is next to me, then Kelli and Gina. Gals I work with.
 
 What Does EVIL Look Like to YOU? Do you have the courage to Share??
 
Anita
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment