"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oh For the LOVE of Running! Reviews

Every Monday I lead a group of runners called the Husky RoadRunners. This is my second year "coaching" them. I use this term loosely. I am hardly a coach. I use my experience, my energy and the knowledge I have gained along the way to encourage and motivate them to love running. I train them every week to run a 5K.

"LOVE THE PROCESS NOT THE REWARD"
This is where I come in. I want them to LOVE RUNNING.

For me running is not always about the time or the distance. It is the process. I love the journey. The people, the adventures, the smells, the surroundings, the elements. I LOVE IT ALL. I even LOVE the pain, the sweat and the gun going off. I LOVE the competition, the clothing, the Finish Line, the medals. I LOVE it ALL.

I am not a running snob. I will run with anyone. No matter their pace. If it works out in my schedule I will do it.
On Sunday I ran with Andy. He begged me not to run with him. "I run too slow, you don't want to run with me."
But I DO. As much as I LOVE running..I LOVE watching others run.

I am that crazy person who honks or gives a thumbs up when I see runners outside. I get a big green grin of envy across my face.

One of the ladies I "coach" saw me at pick up for our kids at the school. Laughing she loudly says in front of a couple ladies I was talking to "You see Anita and you are like she is so small and quiet, then you hear her screaming at you around the track, "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!". She finished laughing and adding "You wouldn't think she had that in her!

It is like an illness, I have it and LOVE it. I want to spread it. Only I can't cough on people and infect them, its just not that easy!

I share this with you because I meet some incredible people running.
On Monday, one of my runners brought us all an Verve Energy drink to try after our run.
 
 We tried the Verve Energy Drink. I am not usually a fan of Energy drinks because of the after taste. This Energy drink has a citrus taste. It was quite refreshing. It was lightly carbonated with hardly any aftertaste. It has organic green tea and organic Aloe Vera in it along with several vitamins and minerals.

FEATURES Ultra light No Tab  Show
These socks were part of my Mothers Day gifts. I wore them on a 8 mile run in 75 degree weather. I never had to worry about them sagging. These socks hugged my feet in all the right places. I have the thicker Feetures that I ran in the winter with but these thinner version were ideal for the temps. I especially like that they were pretty, as of right now nothing under those socks is remotely cute!

Nike Sports Bra
I do not spend a lot of money on sports bras. The fact is I have a 12 year old boy body. I would run in Band-Aids if I didn't sweat the adhesive off! I have never seen the point spending big dollars on a sports bra that really supports nothing. However, Andy took  into consideration  I don't spend money on these when he purchased my sports bra. He picked out a bright color, one that is reflective. And he chose a brand he knew. I LOVED IT. It is amazing the difference of a quality sports bra compared to what I was using. I am so small around that often the elastic doesn't fit me right. The sports bra stayed put. The fabric didn't cause me any chaffing or irritations. Now I am spoiled and am going to want more!

Cross Country was cancelled today. I was bummed. Of course the rain quit after I brought Alec home. We went out for a 2 mile easy run. The roads were a muddy mess. I have mud all up that back of me. I loved it. It makes you feel like a kid again. Or maybe I just always feel like that. Being an adult is such serious work!
 
Anita



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment