"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 15, 2013

Ultra Crazy!

"I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane."
Waylon Jennings
 
 
In three days I have ran 40 miles. That is just Ultra Crazy. In one week I have ran 58 miles. That too is Ultra Crazy.
It is Crazy that I have not fallen apart.
It is Crazy that I am continuing on this journey.
It is Crazy that in 11 weeks I will be running 50 miles straight.
 
For the next 11 weeks I will be camping out in Crazy Town. I have learned so much already on this very difficult journey.
I have learned that you HAVE to run when you do not feel like it. You HAVE to run when you are exhausted, tired, sore, and empty.
You have to know what Miserable feels like, what Pain looks like and what Discouragement sounds like.  But you also have to taste VICTORY..just a little but enough to Crave it, just enough to Desire More.
 
Day 2 of my back to back long runs and I woke up late...5:55 am. . I wanted to wake up at 5:30 and enjoy a cup of coffee before I met "Paula" for our long run.  I still made a cup of coffee and dragged through the house gathering all my gear to run.
I was surprised to realize I actually felt good. My legs didn't feel sore after yesterdays run and I was looking forward to running my 16 miles. Even the heat and humidity didn't wipe the smile off my face!.
 
As "Paula" and I mapped out our run I was determined to follow the advice of others like "Fritz" and Andy. "Fritz" runs ultras' and shared some encouraging thoughts about a week ago on a long run where I got the crap beat out of me on.
 
It is a MENTAL Game. I was determined I was going to train more than my legs this morning. I was going to train my mind. I was going to think POSITIVE.
"Slow and Steady" was "Paula's" mantra today. This is also Andys constant whisper in my ear.
It felt good having not just a plan but also a good attitude.
"Paula" and I prayed together going down Fagan Road. As we prayed I thought of the scripture "Fritz" had shared with me. One of my favorite:

 
Isaiah 29 "He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases strength. 30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
 
This is the verse of my Ultra Craziness. These are the words and promises I am going to be running with during this season of my training.
As I read and read over each of the words above it feels like they are written for me on journey.
 
Rundown:
Distance: 16:02
Pace:10:14
Time 2:44
 
Favorite Place to RUN: 8 mile loop around Macinaw Island. So So Beauiful.
 
"If you can’t run then walk. And if you can’t walk then crawl. Do what you have to do. Just keep moving forward and never, even give up." Dean Karnazes
 
 
 
Anita
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment