"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Drowning out Distractions

Psalms 119:15 "I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways."         

So it has been a crazy day..But that seems to be the norm.
I was incredibly impressed by Austin this morning when he got up to go the gym with me at 6:30am. I had a little bit of quiet time to read and pray and I am so thankful I made that a priority.

From the moment we arrived at the Genysis this morning I was on hyper speed all day until 9:30pm.
Austin and I parted ways inside the gym. I quickly dropped my bag off in the ladies locker room cubbie and headed outside for a 7 miler.
The temperature was 58 degrees..PERFECT.
I set out to run 7 miles but saturated by perfection on my run I lost focus and missed my turn around point. 7 miles turned into 8.
8 miles of Myself. My thoughts. My focus. My pain. My RUN.
I was running with a new best friend. A new route by my gym.The dirt roads I ran are landscaped with farms and horses. I see more rabbits on these roads than cars. The deer jump right out in front of you and the trees canopy across the path offering shelter from the beating sun.
It is amazing. The outside chaos is hidden from natures elements. I can hear Gods voice without interruption from cars and people and all the distractions on the main roads. I am focused when I am speaking to him. And I really needed him today.
I needed him to do more than coach me on my run today. I needed him to offer me some encouragement. I had a tough day yesterday and it had not rested within me.
It was an Ariel day. A really really hard day. Austin put his arm around me finding me at the computer sobbing with a picture I had just found she had made me. She made it for me for Mothers day. I had looked everywhere for it when she..Ugh. I just can not say it.
And cleaning out the computer stand with "Arms of an Angel" playing there it was. Like she put it there herself..My baby girl.. She had made me a 12' 12 scrapbook page with pictures of her and I: and wrote a note about what I meant to her.
My sweet sweet Ariel. I really needed God on my run today. I needed him to wipe my tears, hear my cries, understand my heart and pain. I needed him to remind me...all I need for healing is HIM.


RUNDOWN:
Distance:8:01
Pace:7:38
Time: 1:01


"Jessica D" asked me to post some of my favorites.

Todays FAVORITE:
  • FAVORITE RUNNING BOTTLE: Aphipod Handheld I love this bottle while running more than 10 miles because it fits snug in my hand, has a large enough opening to put ice in and does not leave a plastic taste in my mouth.
 


Anita





No comments:

Post a Comment