"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, July 14, 2013

What Goes around Comes Around!

 “You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.” ~Zig Ziglar

Saturday after work I knew I was going to be running with Andy.
Before meeting with Andy though Austin asked me to take him to run hills down Rood Rd. He also asked me to run a mile with him. I was not wanting to take him running before I met Andy. It was hot and we were going to get eaten alive by blood thirsty mosquitos. Although,as we parked the car I knew that ultimately HE was running and running miserable. He didn't need me to run as much as he needed me to be there for him.
As he finished running Austin looked exhausted. His face was cherry red and he was soaked with sweat. Austin ran hill repeats and was handicapped with stomach cramps the entire run. Austin was not much for words but then he didn't have a lot of air left in his chest to chit chat. About a mile from home  Austin says "Thanks mom, Thanks for coming out and encouraging me and helping me with my run."
Saturday is Andys long run. I personally think he is wacko for choosing a Saturday at 4pm AFTER working all day to run 16 miles. That's not even to mention that it was 85 degrees. However, against the odds of running in misery Andy was doing really good. Andy had already ran 8 miles by the time I had caught up with him on N Holly road. He runs a 5 and 1. Run 5 minutes and walk 1. Those walk breaks were the saving grace of running in the heat.  I tried to get Andy to change his route and run in the shade but he wouldn't change his plan. With sweat burning my eyes on our run I yelled at him and called him a "Stubborn Fool." He didn't talk to me for almost a mile! I was dying, I  was running longer than I planned with him and was begging him to get out of the sun. We both laughed when he did decide to talk to me "Anita...Did you seriously call me a Stubborn  Fool?" "Yes I DID!" I replied.

After running a mile with Austin and over 8 with Andy I was whipped. I fell asleep at 9:30 pm!

This is the most miles I have ever ran in a week. This week I logged 58 MILES! I had my long run today after church in 86 Degrees!
I sent a call out to see if anyone might want to join me on my long hot run this afternoon.
"Steve F" at church asked how far I was running. He laughed and said he might be able to join me for about a half a mile. Well I was going to take him up on that if no one else joined me!
Thankful for "Ken H" for sharing in my long run. I was also very grateful for Andy. Andy came out and brought me fresh ice water. He actually came out to check on me 3 times due to the heat.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND..
Today I was so thankful for those that made  my long run a little bit easier. Andy met me at the end of my long run riding his bike. With 1 mile to go I was burnt from the sun and stumbling on air. It was so wonderful seeing him there for me. Such a encouragement.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 16.23
Pace:10:02
Time:2:23
And tomorrow we do it AGAIN!!

Todays FAVORITE! Favorite Insect Repellent for Dirt roads: Burts Bees Insect Repellent
This repellent not only helps keep bugs away but is doesn't have DEET. It even smells pretty good. It is a but greasy but a good trade for being organic. This is hard to find and is currently sold out on the website. It runs about 8$. I found my bottle at Target.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment