"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Running with others~

Coach Craven and Austin


I love running. I love running with others. I have found myself running multiple times in 1 day because it is so hard to say no. I seriously get jealous when I see people out running and I am not. I want to be out there even after I have ran already.
After dropping the kids off at school I was so excited to see who was going to join me from our Runners club. I had posted that I would be running our new 5k course that the school was putting together. It was raining out but the temperature was perfect.

4 people showed up to run with me. I don't normally run my group on Wednesday morning but there are a few that can not make my Monday night run so I thought I would add another time in there.
After running our 5k route most of us still had a lot of energy to keep going. So we ended up with over 7 miles from 3.1!

This was more than enough for me. I had just run Monday night almost 12 miles and then todays run consisted of another 8 therefore running Repeats with Coach Cravens group this evening was a big fat NO!
But I did drop off Austin! He has been very inspired the last few weeks. And the last week since he has been reading my book "Running the Edge" he has even committed to wanted to run the 10 mile CRIM!
I came up early to watch him and try to encourage him as he was running along side of Coach Craven. Austin looked good. And Austin was keeping up.
There is something inside me that gets so excited when I see the drive others display in their passions. It is nice to go through life easy, with out pain, without sweat, staying within your limits. But it is inspiring to to watch people with passion go through life pushing the limits, running through obstacles, driven to not just being good..rather Being Great.
I saw pain in Austins face. I saw sweat dripping down his temples. I could hear his breathing labored and could hear the angst in his voice. But I also saw passion, I saw commitment and discipline.

"Never are my senses more engaged then when the pain sets in."
 Dean Karnazes

You get out of it what you put in. Like anything in life.
Husky Road Runners!

The Rundown:
Run with the Husky Road Runners

Distance: 7.6 miles
Time: 1:06
Pace: 8:41

Here are a few thoughts on being better not just at running but in life.
  • "You are known by the company you keep."
  • "If you want to run faster than run with those who are faster."
  • "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor." Ecc 4:9
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment