"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Over and Out

There is like not a window of relaxation in sight. I wake up at 6am and as soon as my feet hit the ground we are running. And by running I mean appointments, meetings, committees, work, and life.
The easiesst part of my day is actually RUNNING.
It is during my run that I feel the most relaxed. There is no phone on the run, therefore no messages, missed calls, voice-mail, email or anyway to be located.

I do a lot of volunteering. I really enjoy trying to help. I volunteer in all facets of my life. I strongly believe that there is so much to receive but you have to give first.
The things you recieve do not have monetary value. They have sentimental value.
And you have to give with a right heart. You can not GIVE something thinking you should be getting something in return.
There is a popular acronym in the addiction world.
WIIFM= Whats In It For Me.
This seems to be the mind set these day. There is often an angle someone is shooting from.

You have to give from the purest part of your heart without wanting anything in return but the satisfaction of knowing your did something for someone else.
The greatest reward is a smile and that is not guaranteed. Not even a "Thank You" is guaranteed nor Owed!

I had a great run this evening. I ran with the running club. They did 10 miles. I met them at their 1 mile marker therefore I only ended up running 8 miles with them. It was a great night for a run.

Pooped out. Tomorrow I meet "Danielle" and I look forward to meeting her. But I really look forward to my Mother/Son tea tomorrow afternoon with Alec.

I will post some of my new running purchases and some pics of Alec and I tomorrow.
Hitting the Hay~
Over and Out.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment