"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 20, 2013

Double Trouble

 "Who can list the glorious miracles of the Lord?’ Psalm 106:2

The sweat began to drip in my eyes and the burning was equal to the heat I was feeling from the sun. There was no way that I could complain. I love the sun. I even run pretty good in the heat. That Mexican blood has a pretty good tolerance of what the summer can throw at me.
I enjoy how the warmth hugs my skin but the stinging in my eyes was another reminder of the annoyances that also come with the elevating temperatures.

"Weather bug" said that it was supposed to thunderstorm after 1pm. "Well then Nita, Go hard and Go Long because you are not going to get your run in this evening with the runners club."

Yeah...I was soo wrong. It didn't even rain for Cross Country. I didn't run with the kids but they ran 2 miles easy. I called out "MARCO" several times. This is a drill that I learned from my pacers when I ran Chicago in 2010. They sounded good after the 1st mile but the second mile even with a break and hydration they were pooping out.  There was a breeze that helped with the 87 degree weather but it was still hot and humid.

It was 6pm and I was counting on the rain to come ANY Minute..but instead I found myself adding ice cubes to my water bottle and geared up for another 3 mile trail run with my running group.

I was not sure how I was going to pull this one out but I knew I didn't have a choice. I am their coach and I totally am honored to have the opportunity to run with them.
So Off I Went!

Passions will bring you to amazing places. Passions will introduce you to amazing people. I Believe with all my heart that you do everything with ZEAL, Push the limits, and see what God has to offer you. I am amazed at the places God has taken me. The Places God has Taken me FROM. I am a miracle in so many ways. When I didn't stand a chance a fire burned inside of me. I stoked that fire and passion has erupted from it..I am so Thankful God has given me more than I ever thought I was able to do.

I have no idea how I pulled out another hot run today..But HE knew I was going to..And He provided me with the strength to do it!

RUNDOWN:
Run 1: 8.01 Pace 7:55
Run 2: 3.5 Ran with Road Runners. 

‘Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.’
  Psalm 103:2
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment