"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 30, 2013

I AM IN!!! I am IN!!!


Seriously I am beyond excited. I have surpassed the normal level of pure JOY!!
I was excited today when I got to run with Jennifer and Jeff for 12 of my 20 miles.
I was excited when I finished my 20 mile run.
I was excited to meet Jennifer at the gym and do the Cold plunge with her for 20 minutes…an ALL time RECORD in the cold bath.
Today was a go go go day…but in the back of my mind sat 1 thing.
One thing that shadowed over me.
One thing that rested in the back of my mind nagging me..pestering me…
One thing that I wanted more than anything…
I put my registration in 4 weeks ago for ING NYC.
This is one of the hardest races to get into. It is a Lottery. You can qualify to run it but the times are even harder than Boston.
And today was the Lottery drawing. 
And with the hurricane last year it made this years lottery even tighter.
I checked my email a couple times throughout the day..Nothing.
I told myself it was fine. There is always next year. No worries.
I was sitting here after the kids went to bed chatting with Andy.
“Yeah, doesn’t look like I got into ING….” I said pouting.
Andy replied, “How do you know?”
“Well, I checked my email about 4pm and had nothing.” I responded as I was pulling up my email again.
And right there on top of all other emails “New York Road Runners” was at the top.How strange it was my first email as we were talking about i.
I opened the email with the thought of “It is fine, it is all in Gods hands.”
BUT..The first sentence said it all…..

DEAR ANITA HARLESS
CONGRATULATIONS!
You are “in”! Welcome to the 2013 ING New York City Marathon.

And that is all I still have read! I was running through out  the house at 10pm screaming and laughing. I ran upstairs to Austin and woke him up to tell him. He sleepishly turned around and tried to process it. “Austin I AM IN!! I AM IN FOR ING NYC!!!” Coming off his bed he picked me up and hugged me. Coming out of my skin I skipped steps searching for the phone to call mom. I knew it was late but I was about to explode with emotion. Mom is so encouraging. She doesn't get all this running stuff but she gets me. When I am happy she is happy. It is crazy how good she is at supporting and encouraging.

I am stoked..
Jeremiah 33:3 “Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which though knowest not.”

I am deeply humbled that God has given me this gift.  I  know the HE gave it to me.
I am so so Thankful. Grateful. I am so blessed…
AND NOW I AM SOOOO BROKE!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RUNDOWN
DISTANCE: 20:13
PACE:9:16
TIME: 3:05:40

Anita

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Better start saving that loose change to pay for New York and Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Bill Khan. I guess I didn't type in the words to prove you're not a "bot" correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You BILL! I am going to need a lot of loos change! And bottle returns!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is. Now I am going to trust God with the means to pay for it all! Thank you~

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank You Michelle! I am still pretty geeked about it.

      Delete