"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Tough Cookie" Strength

"Carpe Diem" = Seize the Day!

Sunny skies and 53 degrees. This equates to Run. Not just a mediocre run, not just a zombie run but a run that would seize the moment. Everyday is filled with opportunities waiting to be claimed but some days are waiting for you to kick it up a notch. Some days are waiting for you to not just move forward but leap and dive into Greatness.

Wearing my favorite running shirt I headed out onto the road. I had my black capris on and my favorite "Ariel Angel" shirt on. Chewing gun and switching songs on my Ipod I could feel my heart skipping a beat in excitement. The sun was bright shining across everything I looked at. And the sky was blue and vast with no boundaries. "Double digits." I told myself. I was prepared for a incredible run and prepared to seize the day with a long hard run but I had not planned my route. I just let my feet direct me as I turned out of my road.

The air was chilled and crisp but it did not take long for the sun to heat me up. My legs felt so swift. I felt like I had a new spirit. I felt Strength like I had not felt in weeks. 
For the last few weeks I have had a couple tough runs in but most of them have been strictly therapeutic.

As I ran I thought of the sermon at church. "Jeremiah" spoke and shared words of  Success, Victory and Strength. 
These are words I attached to. He gave the story or Moses and Amelek
 Exodus: 11So it came about when Moses held his hand up, that Israel prevailed,
and when he let his hand down, Amalek prevailed. 
12But Moses' hands were heavy.
Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it;
and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other.
Thus his hands were steady until the sun set.

As I ran I thought of Ariels Sorority sisters, "Michelle", "Katie" and "Alexis" coming to church. I thought of their weakness in their pain. How pain and hurt can crumble you. How pain can confuse you. And if not careful our pains can conquer us. 
My legs were swift,  methodically hitting the pavement with the sound of my breathing. I could hear little whimpers exhale from my lungs and yet it was so comfortable.
STRENGTH: That seems the word as of late. From my own personal experience to the sermon and to conversations I have had with different people- this is a word that has presented itself often this week.
I gave "Ariel" this little keepsake holder a few years ago. Ariels roomates found it and gave it to me. Inside it was the note I had written her. 


Ariel,
My beautiful spitfire. There is so much of you I see in me. Be very careful. While often characteristics that make us STRONG in the Worlds eyes, they make us WEAK in the Lords Eyes......
You fight and you fight hard. ....You never give up on yourself.....Go for the GUSTO. I will have your back....
I Love You~ You can DO ANYTHING..
                   ~BELEIVE~  All My Heart, Aunt Nita

As I thought of the sermon and I thought of the girls, I thought of myself also. Every little detail requires attention in our lives. Strength has hurt me. Too much strength has made me bitter and resentful. And not enough strength has come from insecurity and discouragement. 
I thought of these words I had given Ariel as I began to feel my legs weaken. "Fight Anita" 
I thought of the sermon and the words that described VICTORY when Moses held his hands up. "Get Your Hands UP ANITA."  
The wind was in my face and I had 2 miles to go but up ahead I could see a hill.  I drew strength from the words that I gave Ariel and the words I had been given. I drew strength from the encouragement of others and their difficulty. I am very motivated by others that are striving for something better than mediocre in their own personal struggles.I was struggling and a final thought came to my mind. I thought : 
Physically I wanted to collapse. My body and was stamina was depleting, I wanted to curl up and quit. How similar I had been feeling emotionally. My physical body was mimicking my emotional pain that I have been enduring the pass few weeks. In life we carry so many hurts and like running 10 miles today we just want to crash under the pressure of the pain but we must find strength to push past it and find Success and Victory.

Strength: Comes from within. Inner strength must be ignited in order to Gain any kind of strength. 
VERSES on STRENGTH"
  • Philippians 4:13  "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
  • 2 Chronicles 15:7 " But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
  •  Psalm 73:26  "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
  •  Psalm 73:26  "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
  •  Isaiah 40:31 " but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 10.05
Time:1:18:47
Pace:: 7:50
 
I have had many people ask me "Where do you find strength?" In My weakness HE is Strong. I am not as strong as many people may think. If you could see my pillowcases you would see. But God has Supplied me with STRENGTH through experience,words,  people and circumstances.
WHERE DO YOU DRAW YOUR STRENGTH FROM? PLEASE SHARE I AM ALWAYS ENCOURAGED BY YOUR WORDS.
WHERE DO YOU FIND STRENGTH?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment