"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"God Aint the Problem."

I have this little problem. It is the whole Codependency problem. A people problem. I always want people to like me. And if they don't - I try even harder and look even more ridiculous trying.

"NOT everyone is going to like you, ANITA." I tell myself this all the time because I am always trying to gain peoples approval....A serious character defect.

So in another vain attempt for a relationship with a certain person I send another text message. I try to be positive and loving. My attempts  usually backfire with either NO response or a really bad response.
This time I got the really bad response. I just stared at the words. I thought of things to say but decided it was best not to say anything because there was nothing I could say.

Jonah4:3-4 Therefore now, Oh Lord, Please take my life from me, for death is better to me than life. The Lord said, "DO you have a good reason to be angry?"

On Tuesday night I lead a addiction class for families who have loved ones struggling with addiction. Pastor Jim gives a small lesson/sermon. Tonights sermon was perfect. 

If you get about 5 minutes read Jonah
God had big plans for him. I have people in my life that I have thought were incredible people with incredible potential...It was just trying to convince them that they were that person that was so difficult. 
This certain "Someone" is one of those people. 

I have had many certain "Someones" in my life I have witnessed s great potential in them, I have seen God want to use them in Big and Mighty ways. My brother is another one of those people. I don't believe that God allowed such hardships in our life growing up for us not to use them to glorify Him.
I believe God wants to turn our Trials into Triumphs. 

God saw great potential in Jonah. 
But a series of things blocked Jonah from seeing Gods vision for him.
GOD sees Great Potential in YOU.
But this is what Happens to many of us:
  1. YOU get HURT.
  2. Then YOU get BITTER.
  3. Then YOU get SELFISH. - Hurting People Hurt People. They FEED SELF.
  4. Then YOU get STUBBURN.
  5. Then YOU get ANGRY.
"Life will make You BITTER Or Life will make you BETTER."

Do not miss out on what God really has planned for YOU.
God IS NOT the PROBLEM. Quit blaming him for misfortunes. I am the queen of misfortunes. LIFE had dealt me some bad cards...NOT GOD.
GOD has carried me through all of them.
I WILL NOT let my hurts hold me HOSTAGE.
BECAUSE our hurts will not only hurt us they will hurt others too!


This sermon helped me give a certain "Someone" a little more grace even though they are hurting me in their hurt. I will NOT attach myself to it...today...

Did You Get HURT????
Do YOU see the domino of your hurts??? 
Are you holding on to resentments causing you Bitterness, Anger? Are you Stubborn to change??


Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment